+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship of Spouse outside Canada from India

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
I am canadian citizen married to indian citizen. I am currently in India and started filling the applications forms for family class sponsorship.
I asked the immigration call centre in Canada that if I go and settle down for some time (of course below 6 months) with my husband, do I have the right to sponsor? They said as long as you don t go beyond 6 months and that you still benefit from the social insurance in Quebec, it should not be a problem. (Sometimes the people on call centers, do not really give accurate information)It is a proof that you are a canadian resident in Canada. I am on the process of looking for jobs and my spouse is the one currently affording for the living expenses. My abscence from Canada will probably last for 5 months. How can explain them all this?

Thank you again for all
have a wonderful day

jeswods

Jul 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a problem basically which has to be dealt with almost all the places. The immigration call centers are not efficient enough to have all the queries of the natives cleared. Though it would not be their fault solely as the circumstances are so complicated that the call caenter personals are not able to provide a satisfying answer. In this case it would be better if you give a call to some of the natives there and ask them to help out in this matter and get the information from the immigration office personally. Hope that it helps.