MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
petersiddle28 said:
Your app will be returned as the income evaluation form will stop you right there. Considering the time, yes, I believe it will be 42 months + time taken by individual LVO's, see main parents thread as some have been waiting for 1 year + after file being transferred. I suggest you invite folks for super visa and try next year
zardoz said:
According to IP02, you have to meet the conditions from the day that the application is received through to the day that a decision has been made. You would not be in compliance with this if you tried this method. It also states that income can only be reassessed downwards and not upwards.
Thanks again Gentlemen. :) Will have to do a long, hard re-think on what decision to take.

My only concern at this point is when will I find out about the refusal. If it is a long time, like 42 months+, then that means that I will not be able to reapply in 2015 while this application is still in progress, and when I finally find out I've been refused sometime in 2017 or 2018, I would have lost 4 years and will have to start from square 1 anyway.

I've been waiting to sponsor my mom and brother since 2009. Due to personal circumstances, I was only eligible to apply in Jan 2012, but CIC froze the program from Nov 2011. In the past 2-3 years, my brother passed the eligible age limit of 22 so I'm unable to sponsor him anymore. I was hopeful that I would be able to sponsor my mom at least since even though the rules were tightened, I was meeting the new income requirements. But the new guidelines released on Dec 31st asking for 2010 income have once again crushed my dreams.

The Supervisa is a poor alternative to PGP. It is costly and provides little healthcare coverage as the plans have a maximum coverage limit of only $200k or so. What happens in the case of a serious illness such as cancer etc? In addition the fact that one's on a "visa" means that one will always perceive oneself as being an outsider, being allowed a slightly longer peek into Canada than usual, but still feeling apart from the rest of society.

I had been running pillar to post since Oct of this year to get the police clearance certificates and other documents and had filled out all the forms in November itself. If I'd known that this new requirement would suddenly emerge on Dec 31st, I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble. :(

Oh well, I tried my best. Maybe I should still send the application in and hope for a stroke of luck. Or maybe not, if I want to reapply in 2015 rather than in 2018 after getting a refusal. Not sure what to do right now. :'(

milantst

Apr 20, 2010
Hello all,

Just to ensure about the fee payment, is it faster to authorise a credit card payment than to attach a certified cheque/money order?

A previous poster said you may need an original payment receipt form if you are paying by certified cheque.

Is there a difference, time-wise, between these two payment options?

Thanks

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
milantst said:
Hello all,

Just to ensure about the fee payment, is it faster to authorise a credit card payment than to attach a certified cheque/money order?

A previous poster said you may need an original payment receipt form if you are paying by certified cheque.

Is there a difference, time-wise, between these two payment options?

Thanks
Both are OK.. But Credit card is easier..

To issue a certified cheque, you should visit your bank, the bank will withdraw the amount from your account and issue a certified cheque.
You should send this certified cheque along with your application.
The bank will charge you around $10 to issue this certified cheque.
If your application is returned or refused for any reason, you will have to go back to the bank to return the certified cheque and get your money back to your account.

So Credit card is a lot easier and simpler

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
MrNobody said:
Thanks again Gentlemen. :) Will have to do a long, hard re-think on what decision to take.

My only concern at this point is when will I find out about the refusal. If it is a long time, like 42 months+, then that means that I will not be able to reapply in 2015 while this application is still in progress, and when I finally find out I've been refused sometime in 2017 or 2018, I would have lost 4 years and will have to start from square 1 anyway.

I've been waiting to sponsor my mom and brother since 2009. Due to personal circumstances, I was only eligible to apply in Jan 2012, but CIC froze the program from Nov 2011. In the past 2-3 years, my brother passed the eligible age limit of 22 so I'm unable to sponsor him anymore. I was hopeful that I would be able to sponsor my mom at least since even though the rules were tightened, I was meeting the new income requirements. But the new guidelines released on Dec 31st asking for 2010 income have once again crushed my dreams.

The Supervisa is a poor alternative to PGP. It is costly and provides little healthcare coverage as the plans have a maximum coverage limit of only $200k or so. What happens in the case of a serious illness such as cancer etc? In addition the fact that one's on a "visa" means that one will always perceive oneself as being an outsider, being allowed a slightly longer peek into Canada than usual, but still feeling apart from the rest of society.

I had been running pillar to post since Oct of this year to get the police clearance certificates and other documents and had filled out all the forms in November itself. If I'd known that this new requirement would suddenly emerge on Dec 31st, I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble. :(

Oh well, I tried my best. Maybe I should still send the application in and hope for a stroke of luck. Or maybe not, if I want to reapply in 2015 rather than in 2018 after getting a refusal. Not sure what to do right now. :'(
They are accepting complete apps only so it will be returned right away. Its blatantly obvious this country doesn't need parents, as you will read comments on this site itself is that if you want to sponsor them it means you are doing so to hog the system. Unfortunately people choose to come here so have to bow down to their laws and the supervisa suits them best. The only hope is when this govt falls and the next one might change the rules but the public is against this so seems unlikely.

chang007

Jul 27, 2011
I have the same question about barcodes on the generic form...there are actually two pages of barcodes, page 5 full of barcodes and page 6 with two barcodes. Plus there is the barcode page of sponsorship form. Do we put all of those three on top of the application package?

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
chang007 said:
I have the same question about barcodes on the generic form...there are actually two pages of barcodes, page 5 full of barcodes and page 6 with two barcodes. Plus there is the barcode page of sponsorship form. Do we put all of those three on top of the application package?
I believe so, the reason they do is so the scan can tell them the total # of people in that form and info passed right to the system

roins

Dec 31, 2013
Hrm, we have the barcode pages on top of each respective form... not all 3 at the top.

And one more question... we meet the financial requirements and have option C printouts for 2010, 2011, and 2012, but we were also going to submit 2013 pay stubs/proof of employment for good measure. Having some last minute jitters though -- including the extra information shouldn't hurt or result in rejection of the application, right?

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
roins said:
Hrm, we have the barcode pages on top of each respective form... not all 3 at the top.

And one more question... we meet the financial requirements and have option C printouts for 2010, 2011, and 2012, but we were also going to submit 2013 pay stubs/proof of employment for good measure. Having some last minute jitters though -- including the extra information shouldn't hurt or result in rejection of the application, right?
For sure, but double check everything which is on the doc checklist

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Guys, I immigrated to Canada in February 2013 and now want to sponsor my mom. My employment income is sufficient, still have two questions:
1. Question 8 of Financial evaluation form (IMM 5768) needs minimum necessary income for previous year - 2013. Do you know where can I get number for 2013?
2. Question 16 of the same form needs info from Option C tax form. It's not the time to get Option C for 2013 yet, and I don't have one for 2012 (since immigrated to Canada in 2013). How should I complete this question?

Appreciate if more experienced fellows advise me on these questions.

Thank you!

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
Godzilla9 said:
Guys, I immigrated to Canada in February 2013 and now want to sponsor my mom. My employment income is sufficient, still have two questions:
1. Question 8 of Financial evaluation form (IMM 5768) needs minimum necessary income for previous year - 2013. Do you know where can I get number for 2013?
2. Question 16 of the same form needs info from Option C tax form. It's not the time to get Option C for 2013 yet, and I don't have one for 2012 (since immigrated to Canada in 2013). How should I complete this question?

Thank you!
You cannot sponsor your mother, need 2010-2012 income from Canada

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Godzilla9 said:

Thank you!
You don't qualify as you need 3 years of income (2010, 2011 and 2012) taxed through CRA. Read the guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp
Minimum Necessary Income requirement for sponsors of parents or grandparents

If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must submit a Notice of Assessment or Option C print out issued to you by the Canada Revenue Agency for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I need to submit original / notarized or photocopy of parent's marriage certificate? Is there anyone spoke with CIC rep regarding this matter? Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MrNobody said:
Exactly. I do meet the MNI threshold for 2013, 2012 and 2011, but not 2010. Note that the income threshold must be maintained on the date of application submission and exactly 3 years prior. So if the application is submitted in 2014, you MUST meet MNI requirements for three prior taxation years, i.e. 2011, 2012 and 2013.

They CANNOT disqualify you for failing to meet MNI requirement for 2010, because it is 4 YEARS prior to date of submission of application.
Sure they can, if you read the instructions, the only proof of income that is acceptable is the Option C/NOA. You won't have your 2013 NOA until you file your 2013 taxes and they are assessed. By that time the cap is going to be filled.

mastersonicdog

Jan 1, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

Sure they can, if you read the instructions, the only proof of income that is acceptable is the Option C/NOA. You won't have your 2013 NOA until you file your 2013 taxes and they are assessed. By that time the cap is going to be filled.
Is there a difference between the Option C/NOA vs the printout in "My Account" from the CRA website? Some of the agents from CIC that I talked to does not know at all...

mastersonicdog

Jan 1, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
Do I need to submit original / notarized or photocopy of parent's marriage certificate? Is there anyone spoke with CIC rep regarding this matter? Thanks!
I spoke with 2 agents about this and they both said a photocopy of the parent's marriage certificate is enough.