+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of parents and grandparents for Canadian Permanent Residence

mmdl

Dec 26, 2013
I see. Thanks for reply.

And one more thing: part of my income was in form of scholarship when I was at university. It was under T4A, so it was considered as No Tax Income. Is this amount counted as total income? or "the income" (which must be above LICO) is only "taxed" income?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Guys, Its only me and my wife here, I want to sponsor my mother only as father is not interested to get PR. So basically its only total 3 members.

Can you guys tell me how much Income i need to show from

2010,2011,2012 and 2013 ?

Also, i will not get T4 until end of Jan so how to prove 2013 income ?

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
muzmil said:
Hello Guys, Its only me and my wife here, I want to sponsor my mother only as father is not interested to get PR. So basically its only total 3 members.

Can you guys tell me how much Income i need to show from

2010,2011,2012 and 2013 ?

Also, i will not get T4 until end of Jan so how to prove 2013 income ?
If your father and mother are married (ie not divorced or legally seperated) I don't think you can just include 1 parent in the calculation, you may need to include both.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sunshinemrc said:
If your father and mother are married (ie not divorced or legally seperated) I don't think you can just include 1 parent in the calculation, you may need to include both.
Agreed. Unless your parents are divorced / separated, you must include both of them in the LICO calculation.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
muzmil said:
Thanks, Ok i will include both of them. But how much income i need to show for last 3 years ?
http://www.canadavisa.com/necessary-income-levels-for-family-sponsorship.html

In 2013, for family size of 4 the LICO+30% was $56,280.

nju

Dec 27, 2013
I and My husband want to sponsor my parents and his parents.
We are planning to sponsor both my parents and his parents at the same time when the window reopens.
I have questions about how to apply for them.
If I will be sponsor and my husband is co-signer. Then for my parents, my father will be primary applicant.
And for husband's parents, His father will be primary applicant.
Can we have 2 primary applicants?
Is it allowed to be a primary sponsor on 1 app and co-sponsor on another, both at the same time.
And any one has any idea in this process in first step which my parent’s documents are needed?
I know still new documents are not there but I just want to prepare myself before that.

reet81

Dec 27, 2013
sponsorship of parents

Please help me in following questions We are family of three, me and husband both want to sponser parents-so in total members will be 7.

1. In 2011,our family income was 79k which is 1k less than current LICO requirement,i just want to make sure if LICO of 2011 year was less than current LICO or it is same for last 3 years.

2. After 2011,our income is more than 150k,so if I sign my husband as co-signer this year to sponser his parent only. Will it be possible for me to sponser my parent on my own basis next year.

please help me out

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
sunshinemrc said:
scylla said:
Agreed. Unless your parents are divorced / separated, you must include both of them in the LICO calculation.
You sure about that, although I won't be doing this now but I was checking the financial calculation of this site here https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-parents-grandparents-sponsorship.htm

It was option for mother, father or both when you chose 1 parent the LICO is smaller so doesnt that mean its OK or is that only for divorced or another parent not alive situation

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
petersiddle28 said:
You sure about that, although I won't be doing this now but I was checking the financial calculation of this site here https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-parents-grandparents-sponsorship.htm

It was option for mother, father or both when you chose 1 parent the LICO is smaller so doesnt that mean its OK or is that only for divorced or another parent not alive situation
Yes. 100% sure of the above.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196ETOC.asp Section on How to calculate the family size? And specifically you must count "all family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying." So if you choose to sponsor a mother who is married (therefore her family is the husband and any dependent kids) they all must be counted in whether or not they are also coming to Canada.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
sunshinemrc said:
Yes. 100% sure of the above.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196ETOC.asp Section on How to calculate the family size? And specifically you must count "all family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying." So if you choose to sponsor a mother who is married (therefore her family is the husband and any dependent kids) they all must be counted in whether or not they are also coming to Canada.
thanx, that clears it but its so easy to make mistake if you simply use a LICO calculator, lot of people would apply and then app returned ( unless they don't read the forms correctly )

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
A lot of times the CIC instructions in itself are very confusing. Lets hope when the new instructions and forms are released for parents sponsorship CIC will make things more transparent. Until now we are all making assumptions as to the "3 years of income requirement" assuming that we can submit 2010 2011 and 2012 CRA assessments and send in 2013 later. I think CICs timing is really off, as they should release the forms at least 30 days prior to opening the sponsorship program. I guess few more days and we will have some insight into how to apply correctly and not risk having our apps returned.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
They say to make it fair, it should be mail or courier to Mississauga, so isn't that unfair to other provinces as people living in Toronto will be able to mail it quicker?

done

Oct 28, 2013
does anyone know if for people who live in quebec, do they need to prof 3 years of income or only one year

thnx in advance

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
done said:
does anyone know if for people who live in quebec, do they need to prof 3 years of income or only one year

thnx in advance
Parents sponsorship will need 3 years of income regardless of which province you live in.