+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship of a spouse

Thatguy60

Nov 19, 2011
Hi everyone I am an american citizen living in Louisiana, I met my fiancee 2 years ago she is a Canadian citizen from Ontario. We are getting married this summer. So we have been looking over the family class sponsorship. We saw that she needs to make a set amount to sponsor me. She is scared she doesnt make enough. So we saw that you could have a cosigner so i wanted to know could we get a friend of hers or like her mom or dad to cosign. Even better I saw that someone said you dont need to meet the set income if you are a spouse, is this true or does she need to make around $30,000 to sponsor me? She is very upset an I want to find out the truth so she'll feel better, I hate seeing her so upset, could someone please help that knows the truth, much thanks for the help.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thatguy60 said:
Hi everyone I am an american citizen living in Louisiana, I met my fiancee 2 years ago she is a Canadian citizen from Ontario. We are getting married this summer. So we have been looking over the family class sponsorship. We saw that she needs to make a set amount to sponsor me. She is scared she doesnt make enough. So we saw that you could have a cosigner so i wanted to know could we get a friend of hers or like her mom or dad to cosign. Even better I saw that someone said you dont need to meet the set income if you are a spouse, is this true or does she need to make around $30,000 to sponsor me? She is very upset an I want to find out the truth so she'll feel better, I hate seeing her so upset, could someone please help that knows the truth, much thanks for the help.
There is currently no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse. This category is exempt from a minimum income requirement to be eligible to sponsor a spouse. She would not require a co-signer.