+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship of a spouse(spousal permenet residency) Question Please hep

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Hello

I am not sure me and my partner fit the requirements to apply for a conjugal partner relationship so I'm looking for any input any of you could give me. I would like to know whether I can even apply. If yes, what types of proof we should submit? How much is enough? Is there such a thing as too much when it comes to this? Or anything else you can help us with. Thank you,

I am an Indian girl and a Permanent Resident in Canada. My boyfriend/partner is Indian too. We met before I came to Canada. Since then he is being trying to get any project from his company so he can move here via Company. Unfortunately, his company doesn’t have much work in Canada. When he was working in UK I vested me twice just to reduce our pain. He has visited me twice on visitor visa.
Last year he though to come here as student visa. Despite his good score in IELTS (8) he didn’t get the admission in University.
Then we thought for express entry so we can bring him his experience and qualification and Express entry is fast. So, we didn’t get married. However, WES evaluated his degree only undergraduate/ bachelor level which reduces his score to 432. With this score, it is impossible to get invitation to apply permanent residency.
As I am Permanent Resident I can not apply his Spouse open work permit (that what I understand, correct me if I am wrong).
We are planning to marry in India but registered marriages in India take 5-6 months. First getting married after 5-6 months and put then in queue of processing which itself is 2 years’ months is too much wait. We are longing for each for so long and now we want to be together as ASAP.
MY family and his Family know about this and can write and support the document.
Since the day, we met, we talk everyday at least 2-3 hours no matter which time zone we are. We have picture and chats and so many things to prove we have tried other things also.
I am not sure which area I can apply to be with him without losing my life here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Conjugal Relationship question

You don't qualify under conjugal since there's nothing stopping you from getting married.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015

priyankaj said:
Hello

I am not sure me and my partner fit the requirements to apply for a conjugal partner relationship so I'm looking for any input any of you could give me. I would like to know whether I can even apply. If yes, what types of proof we should submit? How much is enough? Is there such a thing as too much when it comes to this? Or anything else you can help us with. Thank you,

I am an Indian girl and a Permanent Resident in Canada. My boyfriend/partner is Indian too. We met before I came to Canada. Since then he is being trying to get any project from his company so he can move here via Company. Unfortunately, his company doesn’t have much work in Canada. When he was working in UK I vested me twice just to reduce our pain. He has visited me twice on visitor visa.
Last year he though to come here as student visa. Despite his good score in IELTS (8) he didn’t get the admission in University.
Then we thought for express entry so we can bring him his experience and qualification and Express entry is fast. So, we didn’t get married. However, WES evaluated his degree only undergraduate/ bachelor level which reduces his score to 432. With this score, it is impossible to get invitation to apply permanent residency.
As I am Permanent Resident I can not apply his Spouse open work permit (that what I understand, correct me if I am wrong).
We are planning to marry in India but registered marriages in India take 5-6 months. First getting married after 5-6 months and put then in queue of processing which itself is 2 years’ months is too much wait. We are longing for each for so long and now we want to be together as ASAP.
MY family and his Family know about this and can write and support the document.
Since the day, we met, we talk everyday at least 2-3 hours no matter which time zone we are. We have picture and chats and so many things to prove we have tried other things also.
I am not sure which area I can apply to be with him without losing my life here.

Are you saying it's 2 years wait to get married in India? That seems crazy, is there no other way? I mean, you could get married in another country, but Indian marriages seem to be scrutinised for legitimacy.

You say he's visited you in Canada twice. Well, have him "visit" again, get married and while here apply inland with the open work permit.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016

priyankaj said:
As a PR, you can sponsor your partner, so long as you are resident in Canada. If you apply inland, he can apply for a Spousal OWP during processing.

As you can get married in India, or when you were visiting in the UK, or visiting together in Canada, there is no immigration bar, so you would not qualify as a conjugal couple. Your routes are common law couple, or marriage.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012

Bcboundboy said:
As a PR, you can sponsor your partner, so long as you are resident in Canada. If you apply inland, he can apply for a Spousal OWP during processing.

As you can get married in India, or when you were visiting in the UK, or visiting together in Canada, there is no immigration bar, so you would not qualify as a conjugal couple. Your routes are common law couple, or marriage.
Every one thank you very much to replying to me.
As couple of you suggested that when he visit me again, we can get marry here and we can apply inland Spouse open work permit.
I am not sure and I can be wrong, but isn’t it true that if I am on PR I can only apply for sponsorship for him?
One more thing, how long is the processing time form inland Spouse open work permit. And does he have to stay here for all that time?
Is there any precaution or bad impact on me or him? I love him very much and I can’t think of my life anymore without him. I don’t want to try something unappropriated where his life in India or my life in CANADA get impacted or our life in future here can get impacted.
Please help me

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016

priyankaj said:
As couple of you suggested that when he visit me again, we can get marry here and we can apply inland Spouse open work permit.
I am not sure and I can be wrong, but isn’t it true that if I am on PR I can only apply for sponsorship for him?
The only difference between a PR sponsoring their spouse, and a citizen sponsoring their spouse, is that a PR can only sponsor when resident in Canada. If you moved back to India to live, you could not sponsor him from there.

If you file an inland application, he can apply for an open work permit. He must be in Canada, at the same address as you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012

Bcboundboy said:
The only difference between a PR sponsoring their spouse, and a citizen sponsoring their spouse, is that a PR can only sponsor when resident in Canada. If you moved back to India to live, you could not sponsor him from there.

If you file an inland application, he can apply for an open work permit. He must be in Canada, at the same address as you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp
Now i am getting more confuse. Sponsoring mean applying for Spousal Sponsorship /Spousal Permanent Residency for him.
That kind of permanent residency is taking 20months. Which mean he has to stay in Canada only on visitor visa. It means he cannot work and will lose his job in India. Or he can go back during the sponsorship processing and we will be parted away.

However some of you said to apply inland spouse open work permit . And i thought me being a permanent resident in Canada would not allow my would-be Husband to apply for work permit. Is this part correct ?

So i am confuse whether he can apply the Inland spouse open work permit while me being a Permanent resident where the processing time is 4 months

or do we have only option of Spousal Sponsorship Permanent residency for him where the processing time is 20months

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

priyankaj said:
I suggest you check the New Delhi threads. I believe the average processing time in ND right now is about a year.

priyankaj said:
However some of you said to apply inland spouse open work permit . And i thought me being a permanent resident in Canada would not allow my would-be Husband to apply for work permit. Is this part correct ?

So i am confuse whether he can apply the Inland spouse open work permit while me being a Permanent resident where the processing time is 4 months

or do we have only option of Spousal Sponsorship Permanent residency for him where the processing time is 20months
If you submit an INLAND spousal sponsorship app, you can include an Open Work Permit application. He would receive the OWP after about 4 months. Note that this depends on him actually being approved for a TRV to come to Canada.

If you apply OUTLAND, there is no work permit option.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016

priyankaj said:

For the third time: If you apply to sponsor him for permanent residency inland, he can apply for an open work permit at the same time. You are wrong where you say "me being a permanent resident in Canada would not allow my would-be Husband to apply for a work permit". Whether you are a citizen or a PR makes no difference to this. If you file an inland PR application, you can apply for an open work permit as part of the application while you wait. If you apply outland, there is no work permit option while you wait. I cannot think of a way to make this any clearer.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012

Bcboundboy said:
For the third time: If you apply to sponsor him for permanent residency inland, he can apply for an open work permit at the same time. You are wrong where you say "me being a permanent resident in Canada would not allow my would-be Husband to apply for a work permit". Whether you are a citizen or a PR makes no difference to this. If you file an inland PR application, you can apply for an open work permit as part of the application while you wait. If you apply outland, there is no work permit option while you wait. I cannot think of a way to make this any clearer.
Thank you so much. I know i might sound irritating person ,but i am just afraid, sad and confuse and seeking for help.

One last thing
when i checked online it says
1) sponsor and spouse should send their sponsoring application and permanent resident application at the same time
i checked only i dont see any place the package of permanent applications which my spouse need to send when i am sending the sponsoring application

So now what i am just asking is the following link has all the forms that i require to sponsor my husband http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
or is there some application package i also need to fill

I know i do need to provide various kind of supporting documents

So i guess all i am asking is there any place where i can find
one by one step that need to perform and each link of each form that require for this whole process.

Please help me. It may sound to all of you repetitive but for me its really important . please help me

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015

priyankaj said:
Thank you so much. I know i might sound irritating person ,but i am just afraid, sad and confuse and seeking for help.

One last thing
when i checked online it says
1) sponsor and spouse should send their sponsoring application and permanent resident application at the same time
i checked only i dont see any place the package of permanent applications which my spouse need to send when i am sending the sponsoring application

So now what i am just asking is the following link has all the forms that i require to sponsor my husband http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
or is there some application package i also need to fill

I know i do need to provide various kind of supporting documents

So i guess all i am asking is there any place where i can find
one by one step that need to perform and each link of each form that require for this whole process.

Please help me. It may sound to all of you repetitive but for me its really important . please help me
You're getting a bit ahead of yourself. First of all, you have to be married. So, what route are you taking, outland or inland?

If inland, I'd get him here on a visa first. Also, keep in mind if you get married and then try to get him a visit visa, the visa will be harder to get because he now has ties to Canada.

All the forms but for the work permit form are on the CIC sponsorship links. The work permit is just the "generic" work permit form for inside Canada, I believe it is IMM 5710 "Change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker".

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009

priyankaj said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
This is a link to all the forms you will need for an outland application. Note that if he wants to keep his job outside of Canada, he should apply outland. While he has an outland application in process, he can still come to visit you in Canada, as long as he can get a visa. You are a PR, so have to stay in Canada for the duration of processing, though short visits outside of Canada are allowed. Outland applications from India can be done in less than a year, though the time it takes can vary.

If he wants to apply inland, then he has to stay in Canada with you for the duration of processing. Inland processing can take two years, though it varies. During this time he is advised to not leave Canada, because if he cannot get back in the application is over. However, with an inland application, he can also apply for an open work permit. It takes about 4 months to get it. To do an inland application, he first has to be in Canada.

I think what you are referring to when you asked about you sponsoring him for a work permit even though you are a PR is this: a foreigner who comes to Canada on a study permit or work permit can also get a work permit for his or her spouse. Since you are a PR, this option does not apply to you. However, if you sponsor your husband for an inland PR, then he can also apply for an open work permit at the same time.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012

canadianwoman said:
This is a link to all the forms you will need for an outland application. Note that if he wants to keep his job outside of Canada, he should apply outland. While he has an outland application in process, he can still come to visit you in Canada, as long as he can get a visa. You are a PR, so have to stay in Canada for the duration of processing, though short visits outside of Canada are allowed. Outland applications from India can be done in less than a year, though the time it takes can vary.

If he wants to apply inland, then he has to stay in Canada with you for the duration of processing. Inland processing can take two years, though it varies. During this time he is advised to not leave Canada, because if he cannot get back in the application is over. However, with an inland application, he can also apply for an open work permit. It takes about 4 months to get it. To do an inland application, he first has to be in Canada.

I think what you are referring to when you asked about you sponsoring him for a work permit even though you are a PR is this: a foreigner who comes to Canada on a study permit or work permit can also get a work permit for his or her spouse. Since you are a PR, this option does not apply to you. However, if you sponsor your husband for an inland PR, then he can also apply for an open work permit at the same time.
Thank you so much for all the clarification.I really really appreciate
Yes he has visitor visa till 2019. We will apply for out land Sponsorship. Of course we need to get marry forst to to apply that.
But at least in Out-Land sponsorship he can keep on working back in India in his current job. His job in India is high paid job and super cool job but it just not in Canada with me. So i would not like him to quite his only good thing and come here and stay still for 4 months and then search for JOB here.
He just love me a lot and i cant do this to him.

as you said the link has all forms require to fill for sponsorship process ( including my sponsoring forms, and his permanent residency form)

Can you provide any link from this forum or any place where it state what is the step by step process to do so.
I want to start my preparation right away for this process. even though i will be able to apply after 6 months