+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship of a spouse … outside Canada.

viha

Jun 12, 2010
Dear All,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in VietNam for past few years.

I am married to a Vietnamese citizen, I want to sponsor him/her to Canada .

My question is:
1-I do not have a high income. The reason my income is low is because I am mostly living outside of Canada to be with my spouse. Can I sponsor my spouse to Canada ?

2-If OK, do I send the application to Singapore Visa Office (Canadian High Commission Immigration Section), or I just mail it to Processing Centre – Mississauga, Ontario, Canada ? (I am living in Vietnam)

3-Completion guarantee application, all fees how much I need to pay ?

Please advise...

Thanks,

Viha

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Re: Sponsorship of a spouse ... outside Canada.

viha said:
1-I do not have a high income. The reason my income is low is because I am mostly living outside of Canada to be with my spouse. Can I sponsor my spouse to Canada ?
You don't need a high income to sponsor a spouse - in fact you don't need any income.
2-If OK, do I send the application to Singapore Visa Office (Canadian High Commission Immigration Section), or I just mail it to Processing Centre – Mississauga, Ontario, Canada ? (I am living in Vietnam)
You send it to Mississauga.
3-Completion guarantee application, all fees how much I need to pay ?
The basic fees for sponsoring a spouse add up to $1,040. You'll also have to pay for the medical, which can be a few hundred dollars.

viha

Jun 12, 2010

Thanks so much for your help.

Please let me know what forms I will use. Thanks

Waiting4ever

Jun 14, 2010
Cananda
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2010

Viha, you can download all the necessary forms here:

h t tp://w w w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

For Vietnam you will need Part3 also Region Specific, choose South East Asia and Pacific.

Just follow the instructions on the forms and guides. You will need to prove your relationship is genuine i.e marriage certificate, lot of wedding pictures and pictures when you travel with your spouse. A letter detailing how you met your spouse, a story line of your relationship. Since you are living with your spouse right now then shared bank account, shared phone bill, shared utilities bill etc would help. You will also need to prove that you will come back to Canada with your spouse if her Visa is approved. These proof includes securing a job in Canada or having asset such as house in Canada. Download the guides for more details. Hope this helps.