+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship letter

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
I was in a long term relationship with children, residing together. Our cover letter maybe had four short bullet points about the relationship (dates mostly). Don't overthink, this letter thing is mostly for those for whom the facts are thin.
Well said. Thank you.

You might have applied years ago though. Things changed a bit since you applied :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well said. Thank you.

You might have applied years ago though. Things changed a bit since you applied :)
MIne was not that long ago (3 years?). Seriously, the 'explain your relationship' thing is mainly to give those who have thin facts on the ground - only met a few times, quick marriage, etc - a chance to explain, that is , to provide information to fill between the cracks (the thin facts).

Those with longer relationships, lived together, etc., it's mostly irrelevant.

Look t the list of things that exempt you from providing any info (couple years married, kids, residing together, not divorced, etc) - meaning if you have several of them (but missing one or two) you are pretty much there.

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
MIne was not that long ago (3 years?). Seriously, the 'explain your relationship' thing is mainly to give those who have thin facts on the ground - only met a few times, quick marriage, etc - a chance to explain, that is , to provide information to fill between the cracks (the thin facts).

Those with longer relationships, lived together, etc., it's mostly irrelevant.

Look t the list of things that exempt you from providing any info (couple years married, kids, residing together, not divorced, etc) - meaning if you have several of them (but missing one or two) you are pretty much there.
Yeah 3 years ago is not that long. I will actually write the letter about from the time met until our marriage. I dont want to deal with a potential fairness letter.

My only concern is the visa refusal my wife had in the past which should be fine after menetioning in the application form. Thats all.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah 3 years ago is not that long. I will actually write the letter about from the time met until our marriage. I dont want to deal with a potential fairness letter.
You should include any major dates or milestones since getting married as well. Doesn't need a lot of explanation, just the dates and facts.