+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship ineligible but PR process Continues

HoqMD

Feb 19, 2023
Hello all,
I really need a information badly.I got the invitation letter unfortunately last year income was little less because of my maternity leave(EI was not enough,including co signer).My concern is there is a option if we refuse you as a sponsor and if you want to keep us your family’s PR application process then no refund and there is no guarantee that your families PR application will approved.what’s this mean is there ever happened they have approved PR application without eligible family sponsorship?in this family sponsorship application?I really appreciate if anyone have any idea please and thanks

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hello all,
I really need a information badly.I got the invitation letter unfortunately last year income was little less because of my maternity leave(EI was not enough,including co signer).My concern is there is a option if we refuse you as a sponsor and if you want to keep us your family’s PR application process then no refund and there is no guarantee that your families PR application will approved.what’s this mean is there ever happened they have approved PR application without eligible family sponsorship?in this family sponsorship application?I really appreciate if anyone have any idea please and thanks
I'm certainly no expert, But if you are not approved as the sponsor, and you choose to continue, the application will probably be rejected, and then you can file an appeal and take your case to a hearing. But this will add 1+ years to the already 1+ year processing time and still no guarantee of a positive outcome. I would suggest you wait a little longer until you meet the requirements.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
I'm certainly no expert, But if you are not approved as the sponsor, and you choose to continue, the application will probably be rejected, and then you can file an appeal and take your case to a hearing. But this will add 1+ years to the already 1+ year processing time and still no guarantee of a positive outcome. I would suggest you wait a little longer until you meet the requirements.
Yes I agree. There's a possibility of winning the appeal if for example your circumstances have changed by the time the appeal goes through, let's say you are working and have enough income. But that isn't a guarantee since you didn't have that option when you submitted the application.
But quite honestly you are adding time, and more money, into your process. The appeal isn't free and it will add another hefty waiting time to an already lengthy process.
Canada wants to make sure you have enough money to help your spouse if something happens, it doesn't matter if you get a co-signer or not, the responsibility is always yours, you are financially responsible for him for 5 years (if I'm not wrong on the date)

After your mat leave, you can go back to working and get a letter from your employer and a couple pay stubs to show your income and then apply for your process.

HoqMD

Feb 19, 2023
Appreciate your reply thanks

M32

Dec 6, 2023
Hello all,

why you are worried about income for spouse application? it mentions that no income is required but you just need to have money in the bank to support your spouse

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
why you are worried about income for spouse application? it mentions that no income is required but you just need to have money in the bank to support your spouse
In past posts, this is about PGP so income is an issue.