+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship for wife and kid after getting PR ?

yrrej007

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
hi guys..i wish to know a couple of info.... If i am a PR and i wish to sponsor my wife and son what are the procedure? like after getting PR how long does it need to sponsor my wife and son? and what are the financial procedure to sponsor them? can somone explain me?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
yrrej007 said:
hi guys..i wish to know a couple of info.... If i am a PR and i wish to sponsor my wife and son what are the procedure? like after getting PR how long does it need to sponsor my wife and son? and what are the financial procedure to sponsor them? can somone explain me?
Hi there,

I hope you mentioned them on your PR application before you landed...

yrrej007

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
no buddy..well i havent applied and intent to apply for PR..but due to lack of funds or POF i thought of taking them at a later stage to canada....but my doubt is if im nt planning to take them alomg with me when i get the PR , how do i process the PR application at the initial stage? like i just need to show the POF for just myself right? that is what i would like to clear.....

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
If you do not add them in your initial application ( mention you have a child and a wife) you will ruin their chance of ever beign sponsored by you

Not sure if you can immigrate first and them after

yrrej007

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
but if i include them in my initial application then i will have to show their POF also right? or if i just enter their info and just show only my POF is that ok ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yrrej007 said:
but if i include them in my initial application then i will have to show their POF also right? or if i just enter their info and just show only my POF is that ok ?
Yes, you will have to show POF for a family of 3. If you didn't, everyone would do it, as they would "land" and then sponsor their spouse and children because you don't have to meet the MINI for spouses and dependent children.

yrrej007

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
im sorry i dint get what u just said...can u explain it in detail? or can someone else clarify it better ?

my concern here is that as of right now i just have the POF for myself. I dont mind including my wife and kid in the initial application. But if i include them in the initial application then wont i hve to show their POF also within mine? Or can i just show my POF only ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yrrej007 said:
im sorry i dint get what u just said...can u explain it in detail? or can someone else clarify it better ?

my concern here is that as of right now i just have the POF for myself. I dont mind including my wife and kid in the initial application. But if i include them in the initial application then wont i hve to show their POF also within mine? Or can i just show my POF only ?
No - you can't just show POF for yourself.

You must show POF for your entire family. Even if they aren't accompanying you.

If you only have enough POF for yourself right now, then you don't qualify to apply.

yrrej007

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
that is really bad ... isnt there another option to apply? can somone suggest any idea ? but mind it , that i need to take my family at later stage to canada... so plz suggest another option !!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
How were you planning on applying anyway? Was someone else going to sponsor you? Were you going to get a work permit?

janpacs

Feb 16, 2012
hi.i just want to clarify something.i landed canada and became a permanent resident with a single status but actually i'm married two weeks before i landed canada.can i sponsor my wife?or if im having aproblem about this matter,can you suggest me what to do so i can sponsor my wife as soon as possible?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
janpacs said:
hi.i just want to clarify something.i landed canada and became a permanent resident with a single status but actually i'm married two weeks before i landed canada.can i sponsor my wife?or if im having aproblem about this matter,can you suggest me what to do so i can sponsor my wife as soon as possible?
Sorry to say, but if you landed without declaring your change of status from single to married, then your new wife is excluded from ever being sponsored by you in Family Class.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AllisonVSC said:
Sorry to say, but if you landed without declaring your change of status from single to married, then your new wife is excluded from ever being sponsored by you in Family Class.
And he can be reported for misrepresentation, since he declared himself as single when he "landed"

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
PMM said:
Hi

And he can be reported for misrepresentation, since he declared himself as single when he "landed"
Yeah, I probably should have included that, but I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news all by myself.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
janpacs said:
Ouch - you've made your life difficult. Had you waited until AFTER you had landed to get married there wouldn't be a problem, but because your status changed BEFORE you landed, you were obligated to tell them of your status change and have your new spouse evaluated.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-how.asp:

If you apply to sponsor or to be a permanent resident in Canada, you must not misrepresent your situation in any way because it can make you inadmissible to Canada. You cannot misrepresent any relevant facts in your application. You cannot misrepresent your family members and marital status, and you must inform CIC of any change in circumstances. You must disclose all your family members in the application. If you fail to disclose and/or have examined any of your close family members at any time between the date of the original application and the date your family member is granted permanent residence, then you will be barred from sponsoring those members in the future.
To immigrate, your spouse will need to qualify independently of you in one of the eligible classes (which, in your case, does NOT include spousal sponsorship.) It's possible that you might be able to apply in Humanitarian and Compassionate class, but that's a very low probability approach.

I would suggest that you find a lawyer that is comfortable and familiar with this type of situation.