+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship for tuition???

Bakyrda

Oct 9, 2009
Hello!
I am planning to enter college in Toronto. I have some relatives there. Can they be my sponsors for tuition? Whether it will not be splendid idea for getting study visa because of them. Now I am in USA with F-1 status. Can I apply in Canada or I will be better in USA or in my native country? Pleease give me any peace of advice!!! Thanks!

Bakyrda

Oct 9, 2009
And one more question!
What is the best way to show ties to my native country? How can I convince the Immigration officer that after graduating I will absolutely come back home? Thanks again for your input!

kista

Aug 24, 2009
In principle they can be but its not a great idea because it will weaken your ties with your homeland. You may transfer money from your relatives to your account.
Ties include financial ties e.g job opportunities relevant to program, bank balance, business, land etc and family ties.
Which country suits you more depends on your interests and field of study.

Bakyrda

Oct 9, 2009
So, how much money I need to put on bank account for studying for 3 years, the tuition is about 15K per year plus living. It should be about 50K CAD?! Do i need medical test if I am already in US? I am from Ukraine. And also speaking about ties, I do not have any property or job offer in Ukraine, but my family has a business and some property. Can it work out? Thank you again for input!!!

kista

Aug 24, 2009
You need to show fee+10,000 for 1 year, so it is about 25k/year in ur case. 50k should suffice, if ur sponsor has good income. I don't know about medical. You don't need a job offer, you can show that there are many job opportunities related to ur edu in canada. Actually u may write a statement of purpose.

Bakyrda

Oct 9, 2009
How can I show that there are many opportunities? What is purpose statement? I just want to clarify all.

Bakyrda

Oct 9, 2009
one more...

Now I am in US with F-1 status, I am going to apply for study permit. Can immigration officer reject my visa, my major in Canada will be business administration, now I study in community college I will get in US just associate in arts, Sorry for so many questions I just do want to skew up! Thank u for your response!

kista

Aug 24, 2009
A statement of purpose is just an essay that explain your future plans, how they are connected to your travel to Canada and what will you do after coming back. If you are changing your subject explain it in your Statement of Purpose. You can state whatever job opportunities there are in your homeland.