Sponsorship for Sister and her Family for Canada

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
You've misunderstood the requirements. You would only be able to sponsor your sister if you met all of the requirements below:

- you have no spouse or common law partner
- you have no children
- both of your parents are deceased
- you have no other family living in Canada (e.g. aunt uncle)

You have a husband and therefore do not meet the requirements to sponsor your sister. Again, they will have to qualify to immigrate independently through an economic stream.
Any idea how to apply if we meet the above conditions.
Should we use the forms in this site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsor-member-family-class.html

or what?
I am confused since there is no section for sponsoring a sibling in CIC website. It is either a spouse, child, parent, or relatives.
Is relatives section is the one we should use for sibling? both options that available in that section doesn't include sibling option unless if he/she is orphan and less than 18 years old and is not married.

Am I confusing myself or what :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsor-member-family-class.html

or what?
I am confused since there is no section for sponsoring a sibling in CIC website. It is either a spouse, child, parent, or relatives.
Is relatives section is the one we should use for sibling? both options that available in that section doesn't include sibling option unless if he/she is orphan and less than 18 years old and is not married.

Weren't you sponsored by your spouse? If you have a spouse or common law partner, then you cannot sponsor a sibling.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

or what?

I though you have a spouse (spousal sponsorship outland) and have a child.

If so, yo cannot sponsor a relative (your sibling) as the route also known as "lonely Canadian".

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
Weren't you sponsored by your spouse? If you have a spouse or common law partner, then you cannot sponsor a sibling.
Loool :D You still remember me :) No I wasn't sponsored by my spouse. But, I am not eligible to sponsor my siblings. :(

The questions is for a friend who meets all the conditions to sponsor his brother. No spouse, no kids, no living parents. He is by him self here in Canada.
He would like to know where to apply to sponsor when of his siblings who is older than 18 years.
Do you have an idea what form or which link he can use for application

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I though you have a spouse (spousal sponsorship outland) and have a child.

If so, yo cannot sponsor a relative (your sibling) as the route also known as "lonely Canadian".
Hi :D
If you noice, I used "We" not "I" in my question ;)

The question is for a friend. Do you have an idea where to apply?

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
If you read through the guide of this form. it says:

Whom may I sponsor using this application package?
You can use this application package to sponsor:

• a child whom you adopted outside Canada and you were a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada at the time the adoption took place, or a child whom you intend to adopt in Canada. Consult the Appendix A.
  • your brother or sister, nephew or niece, grandson or granddaughter, if he or she is an orphan, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship;
  • any other person, regardless of age, with whom you have a family relationship if you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, niece or nephew who is a Canadian citizen, a registered Indian, a permanent resident or whom you may sponsor as a member of the family class.

Brothers above 18 years of age is not included in the above list. Correct?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

• a child whom you adopted outside Canada and you were a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada at the time the adoption took place, or a child whom you intend to adopt in Canada. Consult the Appendix A.
  • your brother or sister, nephew or niece, grandson or granddaughter, if he or she is an orphan, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship;
  • any other person, regardless of age, with whom you have a family relationship if you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, niece or nephew who is a Canadian citizen, a registered Indian, a permanent resident or whom you may sponsor as a member of the family class.

If you continue to read....

OR

• someone related to you if you do not have any other relatives that
    • can be sponsored (such as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, child, parent, sibling, grandparent, uncle or aunt, niece or nephew)
      • are Canadian citizens
      • are permanents residents
      • are registered Indian
So if your friend has NO husband/wife/comm law spouse/child/parents(alive)/grandparents(alive) and no other relatives that are PR or citizen or registered Indian, THEN he or she can apply to sponsor a relative. (e.g. adult sibling)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013

Please read the bolded, underlined statement again ;)

The brother or sister statement uses the "if he/she is an orphan" meaning, you can have a family of your own here in Canada but you can still sponsor a sibling IF they met this criteria.

Because his brother does NOT meet the orphan under 18 criteria, he then fits into bullet point 3

Reactions: YVR123

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
If you continue to read....

OR

• someone related to you if you do not have any other relatives that
    • can be sponsored (such as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, child, parent, sibling, grandparent, uncle or aunt, niece or nephew)
      • are Canadian citizens
      • are permanents residents
      • are registered Indian
So if your friend has NO husband/wife/comm law spouse/child/parents(alive)/grandparents(alive) and no other relatives that are PR or citizen or registered Indian, THEN he or she can apply to sponsor a relative. (e.g. adult sibling)
Thanks a lot. I am not trying to question your information. I am just confused since the sibling is included in the exception.
Never mind,
I will direct my friend to this application package.
Appreciated!