+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship for 2nd marriage outland online

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi all,
I'd applied for spousal PR for my wife online back in November last year. We both were divorced prior to marrying each other. As of now, the application has passed medicals and I've got the SA. But it seems to be stuck at checking PA's eligibility for more than a month. I want to know if there are other applicants like me. Specially those who've gotten the PR. Do such cases generally take longer to process? All documents are submitted.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,
I'd applied for spousal PR for my wife online back in November last year. We both were divorced prior to marrying each other. As of now, the application has passed medicals and I've got the SA. But it seems to be stuck at checking PA's eligibility for more than a month. I want to know if there are other applicants like me. Specially those who've gotten the PR. Do such cases generally take longer to process? All documents are submitted.
A month for checking PA eligibility is normal.

Divorces probably require at minimum a bit of checking (check that divorce and subsequent marriage are valid). The rest is context and whehter the new relationship looks legit.

Will be more checking certianly if either spouse previously sponsored.

Reactions: Luxp

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
I suspect there's probably a large number of couples who've had at least one divorce. My husband and I were both divorced prior to marrying as well. I agree with what @armoured said that it would just require a bit more checking. But I can't imagine (unless it seems fishy) that it would majorly stall the process more than usual. The entire process is stalled, typically. Even for the simplest of applications.

Reactions: Luxp

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'd applied for spousal PR for my wife online back in November last year.
But it seems to be stuck at checking PA's eligibility for more than a month. I want to know if there are other applicants like me.
To return to the original post here: applied in November. That's barely six months. One month in eligibility.

Absolutely nothing here unusual. Timeframes of 12 months were normal before. With covd, delays not unusual.

If you want to know 'if other applicants like me', check the tracker. But this is normal.

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
To return to the original post here: applied in November. That's barely six months. One month in eligibility.

Absolutely nothing here unusual. Timeframes of 12 months were normal before. With covd, delays not unusual.

If you want to know 'if other applicants like me', check the tracker. But this is normal.
I meant 'other applicants like me' who are sponsoring spouses after marrying a 2nd time. Doesn't say that on the tracker. Thanks for your reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I meant 'other applicants like me' who are sponsoring spouses after marrying a 2nd time. Doesn't say that on the tracker. Thanks for your reply.
All variables are not on a tracker. Trackers are just very general estimates.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Unless there's something particularly important about your second marriages (eg previous sponsorships), it likely won't be noticeably different from other files, at least because of that factor.

And even if you were concerned that was the case: look at the tracker. If most files haven't progressed faster than yours, no obvious issue.