+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Evaluation

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
I am a permanent resident for 15 months now and is planning to sponsor my mom early next year.

It says one of the documents supporting the sponsor's Sponsorship Evaluation may include "Proof of financial obligations such as mortgages, property/school taxes, personal loans/lines of credit, alimony payments and insurance payments."

If ever I don't have all of the above meaning I don't have any debts or loans and don't even have a credit history, will it be an advantage on my part or will it devaluate my chances of being a sponsor?

Thanks in advance!

marjnyra

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
which document are you talking about? I applied a sponsorship application for my parents last month but I didn't see anything like that to the forms I signed. Here is the guide for parents sponsorship:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196E5.asp

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi Marjnyra,

Well, I happened to read it from from this website's "Family Sponsorship FAQ #14" under "Documents supporting sponsorship evaluation".

To my understanding and from what people had told me before, my credit record is also needed in the evaluation process. But the problem is I don't have any credit history as I don't own a credit card. So I do not know whether this is a plus or minus point for me.

Take care!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can still send for a credit history. It will just come up fairly blank. It doesn't really affect your sponsorship.