Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
Im Canadian, sponsoring my wife in the US - Outland - IMM 5481. I find this form confusing.
Number of Family Members and Persons included included on undertakings
4. Yourself - 1
5. Current Undertaking - Number of person included on box#3 from Generic Application Form for Canada IMM0008 - I put 1.
B. Past Undertakings - None.
6. Persons not included on 5.
A) Your Spouse or Comonlaw partnet - nothing here
B) Every other family member not included above and dependent on you Financially - I put 1 ( i have a 8 yrs old daughter living with me - Canadian)
Total Number: 3
Is the last question about dependents for me or my wife ? It's confusing. I'm only sponsoring my wife. My child lives with me here in CDN. I don;t want them to think that my wife has a dependent. Im only sponsoring 1 person. Is the total number correct ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, that is correct.

The last question is referring to your financial dependents and your child must be included there. CIC will not get confused over whether it is your wife's dependent.

tunay

Dec 19, 2015
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Hi guys,

I have the same question about this number of undertakings question in IMM5481.

I recently sponsored my wife, and she received her PR a month ago.

Now, I will sponsor my son (14 years) in a separate application thread. The applicant (my son) has been quoted as 'Non-accompanying Dependent' at my own application for PR.

Below is what I think fits correct to my case. I want to hear if any other arguments for the case.

Q4 : 1 - yourself
Q5a : 1 - In this application --> IMM0008 Box 3 is 1. ( who is the one quoted as 'Non-accompanying Dependent' at my own application for PR.
Q5b.i : 1 - my wife, I sponsored her, and she received pr one month ago. She is still on my undertaking.
Rest of Q5 : is ZERO
Q6 : is for the persons 'NOT INCLUDED ABOVE' (Q4 & Q5).
Since I don't have any dependent other than the ones mentioned above these are all ZERO too.

Q7 : In my understanding Q7 is to see the total number of undertakings (including the recent one) of the sponsor. I think the idea is to picture what is the income and what is the household and undertakings putting financial burden to he sponsor.

tunay

Dec 19, 2015
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Yes, that is correct.

The last question is referring to your financial dependents and your child must be included there. CIC will not get confused over whether it is your wife's dependent.
Hi guys,

Now, I will sponsor my son (14 years) in a separate application thread. The applicant (my son) has been quoted as 'Non-accompanying Dependent' at my own application for PR.

Below is what I think fits correct to my case. I want to hear if any other arguments for the case.

Q5a : 1 - In this application --> IMM0008 Box 3 is 1. ( who is the one quoted as 'Non-accompanying Dependent' at my own application for PR.
Q5b.i : 1 - my wife, I sponsored her, and she received pr one month ago. She is still on my undertaking.
Since I don't have any dependent other than the ones mentioned above these are all ZERO too.

Q7 : In my understanding Q7 is to see the total number of undertakings (including the recent one) of the sponsor. I think the idea is to picture what is the income and what is the household and undertakings putting financial burden to he sponsor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

Correct. Total should be 3 if there are no other dependents or undertakings.

Reactions: tunay