+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Evaluation & Relationship Questionnaire (IMM 5532)

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
My husband and I filled out the above-mentioned form yesterday and something about it keeps bothering me. We are giving ourselves 2-3 days before we go back to review the forms so we can go in with a fresh set of eyes and mindset.

A few things that are bothering me:
1. Is this form to be filled out from a third person’s perspective? Example – Describe the circumstance’s of your first meeting?
I, the sponsor (Tacobowl) met the PA (name of spouse) at work. Is this ok? Or does it need to be Tacobowl met Name of Spouse at work?

2. How much detail is to be provided? The boxes provided run out of space very quickly and so I find myself condensing what I would like to write. I know I shouldn’t be writing essays BUT for example – Section C, Q9, If any of the above people didn’t participate, explain why – how much detail should I give? My husbands family couldn’t attend as they were unable to afford to do so and parents can’t travel due to medical reasons. My parents never showed up as they were against the wedding (due to not being from our culture and not belonging to out religion – I’m not religious at all). I would like to go into greater depth as to why my parents were against it as I feel like it solidifies our marriage and show’s that if I went against my parents and have cut contact with them, it’s a legit marriage.

In terms of returning to Canada, I know from reading posts on this forum that the visa will take about 4-6 months. However, for the sake of this, I’m going based on the estimate provided by CIC which is 12 months. Now, does it make sense to have a realtor look at properties for us a year in advance? Or even apartments to rent in the short term. We are looking to buy and I have been doing my research on that, would that suffice in terms of where we would live once we are back?

Again, i'm not sure what it is about this form but it's making my second guess everything that we've put as I feel like its so open ended, there are so many different things we can put in this.

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
My husband and I filled out the above-mentioned form yesterday and something about it keeps bothering me. We are giving ourselves 2-3 days before we go back to review the forms so we can go in with a fresh set of eyes and mindset.

A few things that are bothering me:
1. Is this form to be filled out from a third person’s perspective? Example – Describe the circumstance’s of your first meeting?
I, the sponsor (Tacobowl) met the PA (name of spouse) at work. Is this ok? Or does it need to be Tacobowl met Name of Spouse at work?

2. How much detail is to be provided? The boxes provided run out of space very quickly and so I find myself condensing what I would like to write. I know I shouldn’t be writing essays BUT for example – Section C, Q9, If any of the above people didn’t participate, explain why – how much detail should I give? My husbands family couldn’t attend as they were unable to afford to do so and parents can’t travel due to medical reasons. My parents never showed up as they were against the wedding (due to not being from our culture and not belonging to out religion – I’m not religious at all). I would like to go into greater depth as to why my parents were against it as I feel like it solidifies our marriage and show’s that if I went against my parents and have cut contact with them, it’s a legit marriage.

In terms of returning to Canada, I know from reading posts on this forum that the visa will take about 4-6 months. However, for the sake of this, I’m going based on the estimate provided by CIC which is 12 months. Now, does it make sense to have a realtor look at properties for us a year in advance? Or even apartments to rent in the short term. We are looking to buy and I have been doing my research on that, would that suffice in terms of where we would live once we are back?

Again, i'm not sure what it is about this form but it's making my second guess everything that we've put as I feel like its so open ended, there are so many different things we can put in this.
Hi Tacobowl123:
I hope until now you might have received the PR. I just wanted to ask, if you filled the form from third person's perspective?

Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Tacobowl123:
I hope until now you might have received the PR. I just wanted to ask, if you filled the form from third person's perspective?

Thank you
THat user has not been on the site for over a year.

It really should not matter whether completed from third party or first person perspective, just so it is clear.

Reactions: mechivicky