+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Cancellation - SAD SAD Story need advice what to do PLEASE !!!!!

Richardm

Oct 21, 2013
Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me PLEASE I am desperate and hearth broken,

I applied for a visa for my wife from Colombia about 3 years ago she was refused (have been married to her for almost 6 years and lived a good

deal of that in Colombia) I took it to the immigrations appeal board and won the appeal just 2 months ago July 6 2015 I am a canadian citizen.

I have very strong suspicions that she is planning on having an affair with another foreigner who she met online from puerto rico a few days ago (has

never met him in person) I confronted her and she denied it but I have seen chats to new person (have not shown them to her and she does not

know that I can see them) and they talk about me that she is coming to Canada for just the visa that she doesn't love me, and that after a

while she will leave me and be on her own once she learns english and gets work and will live with me as a roommate while she is with me in

Canada!! he's a married guy but she doesn't care (She seems to be at the beginning of this encounter still no shows of affection to new guy just talk)

she is a very good looking woman.

Meanwhile this new person will try to visit her in colombia (if he can) before she leaves (we expect that she will get visa soon and be here by

November 8 ) and then he will try to visit her while she is in Canada, whenever she can get away using excuses (visiting girlfriend's, school

trips, night out with girlfriends etc)

She has a son that over 6 years I gotten to love very much and I am the only dad he knows he is 7 his father never recognized him and has nothing

to do with him or the mother since she got pregnant, I know I have no rights to him (never adopted) but it saddens me as he would have had a lot

more opportunity here in Canada than in his country.

I won the appeal and the case went back to the embassy to process the spouse visa I think that is what its called, and just a week ago sept 1

they requested that she go for new medical checks which she did, send in new photos in which was done, and a security check still not done I have not sent in the request for it since this happened.

I also know that there is now a 2 year conjugal relationship requirement in this visa but I am not sure if it applies to us we originally

applied for the visa in Feb 2011 got denied in Jan 2012 won appeal on July 6 2015 this requirement I think came into effect after

our original application, so does this requirement apply????? or can I ask immigration to attach it to the visa if it is not.

Also have thought of canceling visa immediately but don't know the procedure, someone tell me !!

Her visa is being processed I believe that next they will ask her for her passports to have them sealed and sent back to her with some papers

then she can come to canada.

At which point can this visa be cancelled, now while they are processing it? or can it be canceled when she gets her passports back before she

comes to Canada, or any time before she enters Canada ???

My options are:

to cancel visa immediately

to wait and cancel visa once I have all the facts and have talked to her ( my friend says this could be just an internet affair)

If I wait and she has he passports with visa then cancel (will wait to see if this is there is an actual affair and if its consummated)

or if I talk to her fix things up and believe her and trust her let her come to Canada and if I have problems here in canada use the 2 year

conjugal relationship requirement if it is in effect and have her visa revoked because of infidelity.

Please need some help any advice is welcomed and specially on the legality of all of this.

Thanks

Heart Broken :mad:

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I am very sorry to hear this. Six years of marriage, and you've grown to love your stepson - it is very sad.

You can cancel your sponsorship before she gets her visa. Just tell CIC and the visa office that is handling her processing that the marriage has broken down and you do not want to sponsor her anymore.

She would probably not have Condition 51 on her visa, so you could not get the PR revoked because of this once she is here and then leaves you. If you ask the visa office to put the condition on her visa, then they will assume you have doubts, that the relationship is not genuine, and will refuse the visa again. They can refuse to issue a visa even if you have won the appeal - they just have to have different grounds.

In addition, if she comes to Canada and then leaves you, it will be difficult to get her deported for marriage fraud - especially since you knew about the fraud before she arrived.

If you want to try to save the relationship, be aware that if she becomes a PR, you are financially responsible for her and her son for three years after they arrive. Even if she leaves you very soon after arriving. However, you could possibly get joint custody of your stepson, or at least visitation, if that is important to you.

If you want to risk

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Looking at this coldly and without emotion, which you need to do, if you are 100% sure and it is in her character to behave this way, then in all likelihood the marriage will break down sooner or later - probably sooner as you state once she arrives in Canada. It is irrelevant that it could be "just" an internet affair. You can't change the spots on a leopard. I would confront her with the evidence, stop the sponsorship immediately, then see where the relationship goes from there. You can always reapply for a PR visa, but from what you describe, it may be with a different Colombiana. Sorry for my frank comments...

Sad indeed. I feel very bad for you.

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
If you had considered legally adopting the child it should be done in Colombia before you get the visa, so that if she does come to Canada you would at least have some rights to visitation and maybe custody after some court proceedings in the event she leaves you. Requesting adoption right now would also possibly confirm suspicions about her true intentions. Huge red flag if she doesn't want to allow you to legally adopt.

Based on what you describe if you thought to wait to adopt once they are in Canada, then she likely won't cooperate if it truly is her intention to leave you once there.

my cold 2 cents

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Your story is very pathetic, sad indeed...l would say you need to confront her again with the evidence for her to know that she is a bad woman and who knows what she did to the father of her son before she met you, it will be better for you to withdraw your sponsorship and l pray that God will surely bring you the flesh of your flesh and the bone of your bone as a woman, it's better to let her go now than when she will be in canada, it might be too late for you to cancel her visa when she arrive and the pain will be greater than now. May God be with you, stay strong.

Oak

Aug 20, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Request
21-06-2015
Med's Done....
26-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Richardm said:
Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me PLEASE I am desperate and hearth broken,

I applied for a visa for my wife from Colombia about 3 years ago she was refused (have been married to her for almost 6 years and lived a good

deal of that in Colombia) I took it to the immigrations appeal board and won the appeal just 2 months ago July 6 2015 I am a canadian citizen.

I have very strong suspicions that she is planning on having an affair with another foreigner who she met online from puerto rico a few days ago (has

never met him in person) I confronted her and she denied it but I have seen chats to new person (have not shown them to her and she does not

know that I can see them) and they talk about me that she is coming to Canada for just the visa that she doesn't love me, and that after a

while she will leave me and be on her own once she learns english and gets work and will live with me as a roommate while she is with me in

Canada!! he's a married guy but she doesn't care (She seems to be at the beginning of this encounter still no shows of affection to new guy just talk)

she is a very good looking woman.

Meanwhile this new person will try to visit her in colombia (if he can) before she leaves (we expect that she will get visa soon and be here by

November 8 ) and then he will try to visit her while she is in Canada, whenever she can get away using excuses (visiting girlfriend's, school

trips, night out with girlfriends etc)

She has a son that over 6 years I gotten to love very much and I am the only dad he knows he is 7 his father never recognized him and has nothing

to do with him or the mother since she got pregnant, I know I have no rights to him (never adopted) but it saddens me as he would have had a lot

more opportunity here in Canada than in his country.

I won the appeal and the case went back to the embassy to process the spouse visa I think that is what its called, and just a week ago sept 1

they requested that she go for new medical checks which she did, send in new photos in which was done, and a security check still not done I have not sent in the request for it since this happened.

I also know that there is now a 2 year conjugal relationship requirement in this visa but I am not sure if it applies to us we originally

applied for the visa in Feb 2011 got denied in Jan 2012 won appeal on July 6 2015 this requirement I think came into effect after

our original application, so does this requirement apply????? or can I ask immigration to attach it to the visa if it is not.

Also have thought of canceling visa immediately but don't know the procedure, someone tell me !!

Her visa is being processed I believe that next they will ask her for her passports to have them sealed and sent back to her with some papers

then she can come to canada.

At which point can this visa be cancelled, now while they are processing it? or can it be canceled when she gets her passports back before she

comes to Canada, or any time before she enters Canada ???

My options are:

to cancel visa immediately

to wait and cancel visa once I have all the facts and have talked to her ( my friend says this could be just an internet affair)

If I wait and she has he passports with visa then cancel (will wait to see if this is there is an actual affair and if its consummated)

or if I talk to her fix things up and believe her and trust her let her come to Canada and if I have problems here in canada use the 2 year

conjugal relationship requirement if it is in effect and have her visa revoked because of infidelity.

Please need some help any advice is welcomed and specially on the legality of all of this.

Thanks

Heart Broken :mad:
Hi,

You have the right to withdraw your Sponsorship Application as and when you like as long as your file has not yet reached the Decision Made stage. I suggest you withdraw your sponsorship application immediately because as soon as she lands in Canada.

You have to fulfill your sponsorship undertaking for a total of three years, after she lands in Canada. Within these three years, if she goes and apply for social assistance (welfare) from the government, or take up some kind of government loan and refuse to return them, YOU will have to be the one who pays the government back.

Don't put yourself in that situation. It's not just trusting this person or what not. It is about your own life and future as well. Why let a woman who doesn't even truly care about you ruin some parts of your life?

Best of luck. Take care.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Or you can tell ger that you don't intend to live in Canada anymore and you want to live in her homecountry.
If she refuses...
As others said, the besy option in this scenario is to jump off.
You will get troubles that will make yoyr future sinks.