+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship approved, what now?

jordan399

Sep 7, 2009
Hi All,

My wife is sponsoring me into Canada. We got a letter last week stating that the sponsorship has been approved. What happens next and how long before we hear anything (we are currently in Brisbane and the Sydney office will be handling the case)

thanks,

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now they send your file overseas to process your PR application. Processing times in Sydney are 3-9 months on average.

jordan399

Sep 7, 2009
thanks for the reply, so when (roughly) can I expect to hear from Sydney that my application is now in process?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jordan399 said:
thanks for the reply, so when (roughly) can I expect to hear from Sydney that my application is now in process?
You can check your status online through ecas using your client ID number here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Many visa offices don't send an acknowledgment of receipt (AOR). I'm not sure if Sydney does. So you likely won't hear anything unless they need more info. or have finished processing your application which typically takes 3-9 months.

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
Hi ... My app is also going through the Sydney office ... They did send out a letter saying they had it ... Then it goes to the back of the que and they get around to looking at it when they get around to it ... They started processing mine there in early July so I am in the middle of the time-line posted on their site... good luck

bongd

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncychopper,

How long did it take between sponsorship being approved and you receiving AOR? My sponsorship was approved almost 4 weeks ago and I still haven't got the AOR from Sydney yet.

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
Bongd

We/My app was sent from Vancouver ( as my partner is there ) on May 12 .. We received no letter saying sponsorship was approved... but I assumed it was approved as app was sent from Mississauga to Sydney .Then about July 7 I received a letter saying app Is in sydney and they will get to it when they get to it basically. Not much contact since. I changed my address via e-mail and asked for an update at the same time , They replied thanking me for updating my address but with no further information. But I am right in the middle of the time-line provided on website so I will wait a little while before I contact them again. Best just to let them do their thing I reckon. Be patient and don't harass them is my theory. I know that the amount of effort put into gathering all relevant information to submit an app is quite substantial though. It took me/us quite a while. I did my medicals last Nov and wasn't able to submit app until May as My partner came to NZ for 6 weeks in Dec and Jan and I kinda put it on hold for that time as we required more information from Vancouver which we couldn't really get while in NZ. Anyway hope this helps..... Be patient :)

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
uncychopper said:
Bongd

We/My app was sent from Vancouver ( as my partner is there ) on May 12 .. We received no letter saying sponsorship was approved... but I assumed it was approved as app was sent from Mississauga to Sydney .Then about July 7 I received a letter saying app Is in sydney and they will get to it when they get to it basically. Not much contact since. I changed my address via e-mail and asked for an update at the same time , They replied thanking me for updating my address but with no further information. But I am right in the middle of the time-line provided on website so I will wait a little while before I contact them again. Best just to let them do their thing I reckon. Be patient and don't harass them is my theory. I know that the amount of effort put into gathering all relevant information to submit an app is quite substantial though. It took me/us quite a while. I did my medicals last Nov and wasn't able to submit app until May as My partner came to NZ for 6 weeks in Dec and Jan and I kinda put it on hold for that time as we required more information from Vancouver which we couldn't really get while in NZ. Anyway hope this helps..... Be patient :)
Hi, did you hear anything more yet? I'm applying via Sydney too.

Cheers!