+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Approved Oct 27th- Still no Access to E-Cas!!!

travelcouple

Aug 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wondering if we are ever going to have access to E-Cas. I've tried my partners name and info and vice versa, still nothing comes up. Our Medicals were sent to London in August, and our Application was forwarded to London from Mississauga on Oct 27th. I understand that once it has begun processing ( In Mississauga) then we should have had access. I have already sent an email to the London office regarding this matter, but recieved a generic email providing the link to E-Cas, which does not help since I knew where it was to start with. Anyone else go without access to E-cas for ages or should I be worried my information may be in the system wrong?

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Wow, that is kind of a long time.

Did you try both your receipt number and your Client ID number? I suppose if they entered one bit of data incorrectly in ecas (like your birthday or something) you wouldn't be able to find your file. Didyou try inverting your first and last names? (hey, worth a try!) Personally I would fax or call London, or call Mississauga just to clear it up, make sure it's not a real problem. Did you get your AOR or sponsorship approval letter? Was all the data correct in the letters? They may have entered something incorrectly in ecas but from my understanding of it, it doesn't mean that the typo will propagate through your whole application process... Am I wrong on this? Anyone? I get the feeling ecas is a peripheral tracking system but not integral to the process, since it seems to be updated after the fact and in lots of cases not at all.

Who knows, you might get your PPR before you get that cleared up! LOL

Bon courage,
TLH

travelcouple

Aug 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you suppose to include your full name? I thought it was only your last name?! (Thanks for the reply!)

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
travelcouple said:
Are you suppose to include your full name? I thought it was only your last name?! (Thanks for the reply!)
No, sorry, you're right! Brainfart. What I was thinking was maybe they put your first name instead of your family name, or switched your name and your spouse's so that your name matches his personal info and vice versa. Of course there are a million possible permutations for error but I thought those might be easy ones to try. While you're twiddling your thumbs :)

Seems like your stuff is in process at least, since you've received some news about your file being transferred. Try calling Mississauga eh?

Cheers,
TLH

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

When you check eCAS remember to use:

a. The sponsor's name with
b. The receipt number or Client ID no form the sponsorship letter.

To check the PR application you can use the same above as it will be attached to the sponsor's info OR or you will be able to use:

1. PR applicant surname
2. Immigration file number (which you probably won't have at the moment).

London may be slow at starting (it took from Sept 9th to October 26th for anything to appear for me - and then it said they began processing on 19th - but then PPR was sent on Oct 28th).

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
I can get in using the Client ID# (from my sponsorship approval letter) in the top section and either the applicant's or the sponsor's personal info (ie name, DoB, etc.). It also works with the sponsor's info + the receipt number.