NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
HELLO THERE,

I AM A PR, RESIDING IN CANADA, SPONSORING MY WIFE, FROM INDIA, VIA AN OUTLAND APPLICATION...
MY SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL TOOK AROUND 106 DAYS, COMPARED TO THE 55 DAYS, WHICH IS STATED IN THE CIC WEBSITE... THEY HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TILL DATE...
WHEN I CHECK MY E-CAS OR MY WIFE'S E-CAS, IT SAYS HER APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE WAS RECEIVED ON 31ST MARCH, THE SAME DAY THEY RECEIVED MY APPLICATION FOR BECOMING A SPONSOR.... HER MEDS HAVE ALSO BEEN RECEIVED....

SO, MY QUESTION IS THIS....

AS MY STEP-1 OR SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL WAS LATER THAN EXPECTED, SO WILL THIS DELAY THE TOTAL TIME FOR MY WIFE'S PR APPLICATION, OR IS STEP-2 TIME FRAME INDEPENDENT OF STEP-1 TIME FRAME..
PLEASE ADVICE.. I AM VERY WORRIED... AND DO SHARE IF ANYBODY HAS A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE, THANX....

SAMMY....

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
the applicant's "received date" is always the same day the sponsor's application is received. the clock starts ticking on the applicant's application when it's transferred to the visa office. just because the sponsor's app was delayed, it doesn't mean the applicant's will also see significant delay. Unless, of course the applicant's application also did not provide the information needed for the visa office to made a determination.

at this point, there is no need to worry about anything. the visa office will contact your wife if they need more information on her file once they start processing it. again, any delay that she incurrs will be due to any requests made by the visa office. if the application was thorough, and the visa office doesn't request anything significant, there probably won't be any delay, and she will probably see a normal processing for that visa office.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
the applicant's "received date" is always the same day the sponsor's application is received. the clock starts ticking on the applicant's application when it's transferred to the visa office. just because the sponsor's app was delayed, it doesn't mean the applicant's will also see significant delay. Unless, of course the applicant's application also did not provide the information needed for the visa office to made a determination.

at this point, there is no need to worry about anything. the visa office will contact your wife if they need more information on her file once they start processing it. again, any delay that she incurrs will be due to any requests made by the visa office. if the application was thorough, and the visa office doesn't request anything significant, there probably won't be any delay, and she will probably see a normal processing for that visa office.

Thanx for the quick reply.. I thought so too.. But I heard so many conflicting comments that I was and still am a bit worried. What I wanted to ask is simply this... Even though my approval was late, India's New Delhi visa office should treat my wife as a March 31st applicant right...??? And not based on when her file was transferred...

Gratitude,
SAMMY

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sbag_in said:
Even though my approval was late, India's New Delhi visa office should treat my wife as a March 31st applicant right...??? And not based on when her file was transferred...
No, New Delhi will not treat the app any differently because your sponsor approval took longer than normal. Her app will be processed along with all other apps received by New Delhi in July, regardless of the initial submission date.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
No, New Delhi will not treat the app any differently because your sponsor approval took longer than normal. Her app will be processed along with all other apps received by New Delhi in July, regardless of the initial submission date.

hi, thanx,

but this confirms my fears...

as most late March applicants got their files transferred to New Delhi, by middle or end of May (55-60 DAY timeline acc to cic.gc.ca); so if New Delhi starts processing my wife's application based on its July transfer date, so it sets the entire process back by 2 months compared to other late March applicants doesn't it... so that means my sponsorship approval being late did delay the total processing time for her PR application...

this is so frustrating.. those guys were wantonly late and did not even ask me for any additional documents...... like ever.. i am truly at a loss.. why me...???

sorry for the outburst...
but thanx..

SAMMY

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
mikeymyke said:
Did you order GCMS to see why it took them so long?

no i did not...
simply because i got the sponsorship approval; even though it was late... will knowing the reason speed up step-2 of the application process..
if yes.. then i will apply.. if not.. then how will the notes help...???

thanx,
SAMMY..

M

mikeymyke

It wont speed up, but at least you will know why.

My SA was delayed 2 weeks, I was a bit upset about it, but the notes told me it was because they had a recent surge of applications come in, so they didn't have time to get to my file. I believe what they said because the processing time for SA went from around 25 days to almost 56 now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sbag_in said:
if yes.. then i will apply.. if not.. then how will the notes help...???
As mikey said above, it will tell you WHY it was delayed, which may give you peace of mind.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
As mikey said above, it will tell you WHY it was delayed, which may give you peace of mind.
i understand what you guys mean to say.. but i am a bit tired regarding all this... i will apply for GCMS if applicants from around my timeline get their applications in process while i donot... lets just wait a few months... thanx for the info... although i intend to call CIC in the morning and give them a piece of my mind... and ask this very same question.. will let you know what those buggers say....

thanx,
SAMMY

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
It sucks that your application has been so delayed for the sponsor approval, however, you can't compare yourself to everyone else. Everyone's application is different. Maybe your application had some info they had to look into, maybe the organization of your application had them confused, maybe when they were looking into the sponsor's background there were some hiccups due to having a similar name to someone with a record, the list is endless.

Don't waste your time or the call centre time by calling them and berating them. If you want to see if they have some info into the delay, fine, but just calling them to give them a piece of your mind will cause delays for other people, while you're letting off some steam. Not to mention, when you call the call centre, the automated recording states they do not tolerate rude or degrading behaviour haha.

Anyway, I hope you have swift second stage process so you can put this all behind you.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
tink23 said:
It sucks that your application has been so delayed for the sponsor approval, however, you can't compare yourself to everyone else. Everyone's application is different. Maybe your application had some info they had to look into, maybe the organization of your application had them confused, maybe when they were looking into the sponsor's background there were some hiccups due to having a similar name to someone with a record, the list is endless.

Don't waste your time or the call centre time by calling them and berating them. If you want to see if they have some info into the delay, fine, but just calling them to give them a piece of your mind will cause delays for other people, while you're letting off some steam. Not to mention, when you call the call centre, the automated recording states they do not tolerate rude or degrading behaviour haha.

Anyway, I hope you have swift second stage process so you can put this all behind you.
I would definitely not be offensive, because the person receiving my call is not responsible for my application... but i believe i have a right to know what happened and what will happen.. so i do plan on calling them.. as far as i am concerned they delayed my application by 2 months.. no less.. and that is not right without providing any info.. and giving them a "piece of my mind" was not blasting them off.. rather letting them know how i feel. and i am pretty sure i can do that within a minute and in a polite way.. so lets see what happens...

sorry but i am a bit agitated at the moment..
and thanx for wishing me a speedy second step...

cheers,
SAMMY

scott11

Oct 1, 2013
Try to be more understanding Sammy. Quarter million people come here every year. Your wife is just a number to them. Expect delays with humility.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
scott11 said:
Try to be more understanding Sammy. Quarter million people come here every year. Your wife is just a number to them. Expect delays with humility.

I AM ACCEPTING IT. I HAVE TO, BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO DO.. AND NO I DON'T WANT SPECIAL TREATMENT.. BUT DOES THAT MEAN I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION... SORRY GUYS BUT I CAN NOT BE VERY QUIET WITH MY FEELINGS ABOUT THIS.. I CAN NOT CHANGE THE WAY I FEEL.. I GET THE IMPRESSION THAT PEOPLE ARE THINkING THAT I AM GOING TO ABUSE THE CALL CENTRE AGENT TOMORROW OR SOMETHING.. I WILL DO NO SUCH THING.. MAT BE MY LANGUAGE CAME ON A BIT TOO STRONG.. WELL I APOLOGISE FOR THAT..

BUT YEAH, I AM GOING TO CALL THEM AND AND WHY WOULD I NOT.. I DEFINITELY WANT TO kNOW WHAT I CAN CAN EXPECT FROM THE APPLICATION.. SO LETS SEE HOW IT GOES..

SAMMY

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sbag_in said:
BUT DOES THAT MEAN I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION
You have the right to information and you have been told how to get it: order your notes. The call centre has a VERY limited scope and will not be able to provide you with the information you want.

By the way, posting in CAPS in considered to be very rude.