+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Application returned back from CIC

Newf

Sep 1, 2020
How can I call IRCC ??
Just call the number from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Navigate the phone options until one of them lets you press 0 to speak to an agent. It might take several tries before it'll let you in the queue. Then wait around 30 minutes in the queue or select the call back option.

Ask if they would be able to check your file for notes to see if your application has been marked as complete.

If the person refuses, hang up and call again.

Reactions: snoopyta

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
My file was received July 31st
Just had a chat with one of the IRCC representatives and there is no note on my file, it’s still under observation
Where as some people have gotten their files back from July and some people have gotten a “deemed complete” note on their files from July and august. It’s just really frustrating. More than 6 months and I have no idea what is happening :/

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
My file was received July 31st
Just had a chat with one of the IRCC representatives and there is no note on my file, it’s still under observation
Where as some people have gotten their files back from July and some people have gotten a “deemed complete” note on their files from July and august. It’s just really frustrating. More than 6 months and I have no idea what is happening :/
I am mid July, My experience has been exactly same as you.

Newf

Sep 1, 2020
I am mid July, My experience has been exactly same as you.
It's weird. I understand some natural variation as different officers work through the files, but it seems strange that we are seeing like 2 month differences in completeness checks.

At least 3 people who had their applications received August 31 had their applications marked as "deemed complete." in the WhatsApp group. Typically around January 20 or so.

Meanwhile it is now February 4 and some July people haven't had theirs marked as complete.

mikereyes72

Aug 21, 2019
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country.
---

This is what is usually sent for returns.
Hello. I received a letter stating the same and I don't understand what it means. We've completed form IMM5406 in the application we submitted and we got this letter. So I am not sure what is missing or what it means.
The letter also indicated that we did not submit the death certificate of my father.
Hope you can clarify. Thanks.

mikereyes72

Aug 21, 2019
Unfortunately, mine was returned for such a simple mistake, and the worse thing is that they returned it after 6 months
Hello. So what was missing in your IMM 5406?
I received a letter stating the same and I don't understand what it means. We've completed form IMM5406 in the application we submitted and we got this letter. So I am not sure what is missing or what it means.
The letter also indicated that we did not submit the death certificate of my father.

hromulo

Apr 21, 2021
Unfortunately, mine was returned for such a simple mistake, and the worse thing is that they returned it after 6 months
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country.
---

This is what is usually sent for returns.
Hi, I've received similar feedback (same as above) from IRCC re: IMM 5406. Although, the principal applicant has children, but it does not meet the requirement of "dependent children" based on financial support and/or physical condition. How did you resolve this issue, did you complete a separate form for each individual?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I've received similar feedback (same as above) from IRCC re: IMM 5406. Although, the principal applicant has children, but it does not meet the requirement of "dependent children" based on financial support and/or physical condition. How did you resolve this issue, did you complete a separate form for each individual?
Could you clarify what you mean here in terms of not meeting the dependent children requirement? It's not clear whether you mean it was returned because children were not included in the form 5406, or because children 18 and over did not submit/sign their own copies.

Won't get into the details of the question of dependent children and the definition / test until clear, gets too complicated. But if you think they're not dependent children, on what basis? Age? Marital status?

hromulo

Apr 21, 2021
Could you clarify what you mean here in terms of not meeting the dependent children requirement? It's not clear whether you mean it was returned because children were not included in the form 5406, or because children 18 and over did not submit/sign their own copies.

Won't get into the details of the question of dependent children and the definition / test until clear, gets too complicated. But if you think they're not dependent children, on what basis? Age? Marital status?
This is exactly what the feedback from IRCC (see below). In the IMM 5406 form, we entered all the names of children on Section B - Children. The instruction states "The principal applicant, their spose or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." Although they are now married and now "independent", we did still enter their names on the form. However, in the IMM 008 form - Generic Application Form, we did not declare any "Dependent", could this be the issue because we added their names in IMM 5406?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is exactly what the feedback from IRCC (see below). In the IMM 5406 form, we entered all the names of children on Section B - Children. The instruction states "The principal applicant, their spose or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." Although they are now married and now "independent", we did still enter their names on the form. However, in the IMM 008 form - Generic Application Form, we did not declare any "Dependent", could this be the issue because we added their names in IMM 5406?
I admit I'm at a loss and don't understand - it does sound to me like you did it correctly. Are the children all over 18?

hromulo

Apr 21, 2021
Hello. So what was missing in your IMM 5406?
I received a letter stating the same and I don't understand what it means. We've completed form IMM5406 in the application we submitted and we got this letter. So I am not sure what is missing or what it means.
I admit I'm at a loss and don't understand - it does sound to me like you did it correctly. Are the children all over 18?
yes they are all married and over 18.

Jimmya

Feb 16, 2022
I have submitted my application in July (2020), but unfortunately, due to a missing postal code, the application is returned (January 2021).On the CIC website, they have written, " You can use all the same documents and payment receipts to apply again. Make sure the signatures are still valid".
Now I have questions:
1) What signatures do they mean by "Make sure the signatures are still valid"?
2) Do I need to renew the police certificate? I got the previous one in June
3) Do I need to get new photos?
4) Do I need to re-translate my birth certificate? I got the previous one in June
My application sent back to me due to some missing documents including "additional family members" and "Declaration and Consent". I have one important question: What should I do for editing the application as it is not allowed?

Jimmya

Feb 16, 2022
Hi everyone,
My parents' sponsorship application sent back to me due to some missing documents including "additional family members" and "Declaration and Consent". I have one important question: What should I do for editing the application as it is not allowed?

Jimmya

Feb 16, 2022
What should I do for editing “Declaration and Contest”, since the website doesn’t let me edit it.