+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Application returned back from CIC

eileen444

Jan 16, 2021
I have submitted my application in July (2020), but unfortunately, due to a missing postal code, the application is returned (January 2021).On the CIC website, they have written, " You can use all the same documents and payment receipts to apply again. Make sure the signatures are still valid".
Now I have questions:
1) What signatures do they mean by "Make sure the signatures are still valid"?
2) Do I need to renew the police certificate? I got the previous one in June
3) Do I need to get new photos?
4) Do I need to re-translate my birth certificate? I got the previous one in June

Sep 10, 2020
I also have a question very close in new signatures do we have to change all information reference letters please help this is so frustrating especially when the package has been returned after waiting for six months

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
signatures are valid for 90 days,
If you exceed that, you need to sign it again with new signature dates.
You need to renew your police certificate if it’s expired.
Photos are valid for 6 months, so you need to renew them.
I don’t think you need to re-translate

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
I have submitted my application in July (2020), but unfortunately, due to a missing postal code, the application is returned (January 2021).On the CIC website, they have written, " You can use all the same documents and payment receipts to apply again. Make sure the signatures are still valid".
Now I have questions:
4) Do I need to re-translate my birth certificate? I got the previous one in June

Hi sorry to hear this... Was it an American or Canadian postal code that was missing?

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
It was my parent's house back in my home country. I wrote it for my father but I forgot to write it for my mother and they had the same address
This has me worried now... I thought they were only strict with North American postal codes. Most of the returned applications were due to these.

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country.
---

This is what is usually sent for returns.

eileen444

Jan 16, 2021
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed, and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B, and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to the applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code, and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish, and Country.
---

IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed, and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B, and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to the applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code, and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish, and Country.
---

Unfortunately, mine was returned for such a simple mistake, and the worse thing is that they returned it after 6 months

sandy92

May 8, 2018
Now I have questions:
Hi
So sorry for that. I want to know did you try to send webform when you got to know you missed the postal code?

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Go through the entire application again, make sure there are no other mistakes because they've been known to stop as soon as they reach a mistake and Will send you the application back again for another. Make sure to use any updated forms as well.

mdmqbck

Jul 26, 2020
I would treat it as a new application. So check for new forms on their website, check if the police certificates are still valid (I think you need to get them less than 12 months before submission), and I would print again the forms and update the signature date, just in case.