+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship and Visa

PHGLPagani

Mar 23, 2017
Hello,

I am applying for a study permit on the cic.gc.ca website. Under the "Proof of Means of Financial Support," they tell me I need to prove that I can afford school. However, I am planning on using a sponsor (one who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident), but I have no idea as to how to or where to upload his information. Does anyone know how to properly use a sponsor on the CIC application?

I really want to study in Canada, but I am mortified of being denied the Visa, does anyone know of ways to improve my chances of getting the Visa?

Thank You

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
PHGLPagani said:
Hello,

I am applying for a study permit on the cic.gc.ca website. Under the "Proof of Means of Financial Support," they tell me I need to prove that I can afford school. However, I am planning on using a sponsor (one who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident), but I have no idea as to how to or where to upload his information. Does anyone know how to properly use a sponsor on the CIC application?

I really want to study in Canada, but I am mortified of being denied the Visa, does anyone know of ways to improve my chances of getting the Visa?

Thank You
Proof of funds is not your only concern when applying for student visa.
Other example is how your previous education links with your current employment and links to the education that you will take in Canada.

For the proof of funds concern it is acceptable if the one sponsoring you is not a Canadian citizen or PR. The officer do not care where they are coming from but they care if you have enough.
Your sponsor should provide an affidavit of financial support. Your sponsor should also show the proof of funds.
The funds you needed are 1 year tuition fee and $10,000 to support your self. Let's say you need $30,000 in total.
Your sponsor needs to show this fund.
Example is; bank account/certificate (stamped and dated by the bank) showing the $30,000, other documents that would greatly help are Tax returns, Business Taxes so on.