+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor's old address on COPR, is that a problem?

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

just collected my passport and COPR from CHC-London, everything seems fine but they have typed old address on COPR, it is the address where my wife used to live 3 years ago on ecas it shows her current address though, is there gonna be a problem at the time of landing?

should I inform them or its ok to change the address when I am landing?

any help would be highly appreciated, thanks!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
When you handed in your passport did you also give an updated information chart?

I am not sure if it will be a problem as when you go to land you must provide a canadian address for your PR card to be sent to. But they do ask you to check all the details on the COPR and make sure they're correct. I can't remember how important address was.

perhaps someone who landed more recently can comment?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
Hello,

just collected my passport and COPR from CHC-London, everything seems fine but they have typed old address on COPR, it is the address where my wife used to live 3 years ago on ecas it shows her current address though, is there gonna be a problem at the time of landing?

should I inform them or its ok to change the address when I am landing?

any help would be highly appreciated, thanks!
Please don't worry about the address shown on the COPR. It happens to several people. When you land, at the POE the Boarder Service Officer will get your COPR and passport. The officer will ask you about any change in the given address. If the officer did not ask, you can tell that you have a new mailing address. Give the new address clearly written on a piece of paper, with your contact phone number (the sponsor's home number ) to the officer. The address will be corrected instantly on your COPR. You will get the copy of COPR.
Therefore, don't worry.
Wish you a happy landing.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
When you handed in your passport did you also give an updated information chart?

I am not sure if it will be a problem as when you go to land you must provide a canadian address for your PR card to be sent to. But they do ask you to check all the details on the COPR and make sure they're correct. I can't remember how important address was.

perhaps someone who landed more recently can comment?
Yes I did give them the updated info chart but on that chart I wrote my UK address, I wasnt sure if I had to provide them with my spouse's address.
I dont know from where they got that address because I just checked the forms we filled when applied, we clearly mentioned her current address and on ecas it still shows her current address, I hope its not a big problem as wilson mentioned above,

thank you very much pinklady for the prompt reply, you are always there to help, I really appreciate the fact that once you were helped by others and now delivering it to those who needed, wish if I could do the same : )

wilson said:
Please don't worry about the address shown on the COPR. It happens to several people. When you land, at the POE the Boarder Service Officer will get your COPR and passport. The officer will ask you about any change in the given address. If the officer did not ask, you can tell that you have a new mailing address. Give the new address clearly written on a piece of paper, with your contact phone number (the sponsor's home number ) to the officer. The address will be corrected instantly on your COPR. You will get the copy of COPR.
Therefore, don't worry.
Wish you a happy landing.
you are a star wilson, I m much relieved now, I was a little confused when collected the COPR and instead of jumping with joy was little worried but you both have helped me bigtime, just checked another thread by some user here, she had the same problem but everything went fine when she landed!
so I guess that is it for me now one last giant leap over the atlantic and I m done :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Fingers crossed and good luck to you!
When are you making the big move?

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopefully on 13th of february because my visa is expiring on 15th, its gonna be a close call I m dreading already because of the weather forecast :eek:

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks hsbalouch :)
Hope the weather would be pleasant during your travel. Take care.