Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i haven't seen anything about this online, but someone was just telling me that if my (sponsoring)husband has a medical condition (he is hearing impaired) i should include this info in my application?
i don't remember seeing it any where on the guide

if so how do i include it should i get his medical history hearing aid receipts?

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
NYCtoNB said:
i haven't seen anything about this online, but someone was just telling me that if my (sponsoring)husband has a medical condition (he is hearing impaired) i should include this info in my application?

if so how do i include it should i get his medical history hearing aid receipts?
You have 47 posts. I couldn't have time to go back to all your posts. So, apology if I miss something. If your husband is the SPONSOR (ING), and you are the sponsored person then you do not need to worry at all. The SPONSORED person would have his/her medical done as part of family class application. Hearing impairment is not an issue of concern under the family class sponsorship. Good luck

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
Halifax-Maple said:
NYCtoNB said:

You have 47 posts. I couldn't have time to go back to all your posts. So, apology if I miss something. If your husband is the SPONSOR (ING), and you are the sponsored person then you do not need to worry at all. The SPONSORED person would have his/her medical done as part of family class application. Hearing impairment is not an issue of concern under the family class sponsorship. Good luck
I don't really understand what this woman was trying to tell me. i am the person being sponsored(american), my husband is for the most part deaf, she was saying that that may affect (effect i never no which to use) my application but i don't see how. thank you for replying. i am going to write it of as another money grubber trying to steal peoples money under the title of consultant

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see how your husbands medical condition will affect his sponsorship. He is the sponsor. It's you who needs to have a medical, not him.

The only thing I can possibly think of where it might matter is if they try to phone him. If he can't be reached by phone, you could include that information somewhere.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
Leon said:
I don't see how your husbands medical condition will affect his sponsorship. He is the sponsor. It's you who needs to have a medical, not him.

The only thing I can possibly think of where it might matter is if they try to phone him. If he can't be reached by phone, you could include that information somewhere.
in one of the questions involving communication i stated that we mostly speak via messenger because he can't really use the phone, i honestly think this woman was just someone who read the app a few times and tried to make money off of people

it makes me sad that this is what comes to mind but it makes me sadder that its likes and people do things of that sort

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
I'd add it - it may avoid other questions and challenges but will have no bearing on his approval as a sponsor.

(For whatever 2 cents Canadian is worth at today's exchange rate)

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
tgchi13 said:
I'd add it - it may avoid other questions and challenges but will have no bearing on his approval as a sponsor.

(For whatever 2 cents Canadian is worth at today's exchange rate)
whats funny is had to write my reply to the Sponsored spouse questionnaire (IMM5490)
Question nine- Development of relationship 3 times the first one turned into a rant about how he doesn't know where i order his, his mothers, or his grandmothers hearing aid batteries in bulk from, he doesnt know where his ASL study stuff comes from, he doesnt know what his payment plan with nb power or aliant is. he doesnt know how to make the dryer run or who we use for the pipe that burst in the spare bed room the last two winters and probably will again this year,not even who does our major car repairs. or how i manage to do all of this on one income (my savings over the six months i am forced to be away from him) while he is a full time student. but i didn't think telling them "listen if you dont let me in the country this guy is going to be a lost puppy" was the answer they were looking for.

lol yeah that always turns into a rant i apologize, somewhat.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
If only there was a way to do that NYCtoNB! My husband is not lost medically in that respect... but he did just move to a new country Canada (he was away his whole life) and now he's all alone :-( ...I wish CIC would understand these things. Maybe they do. I hope.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The medical condition of the sponsor is completely irrelevant at all times.

The medical condition of a sponsored spouse is only relevant if it is a public health danger.