+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsors live in Quebec, which office the application should go?

linh14

Star Member
Dec 23, 2010
its super confusing for me. this is where I have information:

"If you live in Quebec, you must first send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V), If your sponsorship application is approved, then CPC-V will send you a letter with instructions to download MICC’s undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MICC. You must attach a copy of CPC-V’s letter to the undertaking application that you submit to the MICC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#completing_the_forms "

In Feb, my hubby sent the application to CPC-V, then in May, CPC-V forwarded the document to CPC-Mississauga. The CPC-M refused our package sent there were not updated application forms. In August, we sent a new package to CPC-M. now i read these lines again and its said we have to send to CPC-V. Im really confused!!
Someone knows clearly about this? Many thanks!

Linh

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
If you are filing an application for your spouse to be sponsored at the visa office responsible for persons of your spouse's nationality, it goes to CPC-M. If you are filing an In Canada application (your spouse is already in Canada), then it goes to CPC-V.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
linh14 said:
its super confusing for me. this is where I have information:

"If you live in Quebec, you must first send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V), If your sponsorship application is approved, then CPC-V will send you a letter with instructions to download MICC's undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MICC. You must attach a copy of CPC-V's letter to the undertaking application that you submit to the MICC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#completing_the_forms "

In Feb, my hubby sent the application to CPC-V, then in May, CPC-V forwarded the document to CPC-Mississauga. The CPC-M refused our package sent there were not updated application forms. In August, we sent a new package to CPC-M. now i read these lines again and its said we have to send to CPC-V. Im really confused!!
Someone knows clearly about this? Many thanks!

Linh
Hey Linh,

the rule is: if you are applying outland, then send it to Mississauga.
If you are applying Inland, then send it to Vegreville. It doesn't matter if you live in QUebec or not.

The only difference with sponsors from other provinces is that once Mississauga has approved your file (providing that you are filing an outland application), then you need to send a copy of the sponsor letter (or email) to MICC to get the CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec). The CSQ gets sent to your VO.

So - if you are applying outland, and sent your application package to CPC Mississauga, that's correct.
Good luck,
Sweden

linh14

Star Member
Dec 23, 2010
Oh Holly mother nature! im correct :D. they should really write this webpage again. Even from this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp) they said:

"Mail your fully completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta"

These lines really took our 5 months time for nothing!

Anyhow, it was our mistake for not triple check things.

Thank you guys! good luck with you all too!

Linh

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

linh14 said:
Oh Holly mother nature! im correct :D. they should really write this webpage again. Even from this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp) they said:

"Mail your fully completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta"

These lines really took our 5 months time for nothing!

Anyhow, it was our mistake for not triple check things.

Thank you guys! good luck with you all too!

Linh
You should have noted that there are 2 options. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp " If you are applying from outside Canada" it says send it to Mississauga, "If you are applying from inside Canada" send it to Vegreville. Pretty straight forward.

linh14

Star Member
Dec 23, 2010
yes. i have read that too. But then when i read another part of the website which stated that the application send to CPC-V, my stomach crunches and nervous again :(

Anyhow, i sent to the right one this time now :D

Thank you all

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Thanks for the post! I almost sent the paperwork to the wrong CPC office. Phew.