+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring wife from TW - appl transferred to HK - What now?

huantinglin

Mar 29, 2017
Hello there,

I am sponsoring my wife from Taiwan. Our application was received on March, 20 2017 by the immigration office in Mississauga. They started processing our our application on May 23, 2017. Our application is now transferred to Hong Kong immigration office. We got a notification and reminder email on June 1st from the HK office. The letter requested documents that we've already sent to Mississauga as listed below:
  1. Copy of Hukou (household register)
  2. Copy of the bio-data page of her valid passport
  3. 2 recent photos
  4. Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)
  5. Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
  6. Original police certificates
  7. Receipt of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Q1: I just want to double check that we DON'T HAVE to resend or update any of the document listed above if we have already sent these documents the first time and second time around to the Mississauga Immigration Office, right?

Because some have suggested to me that they have sent Schedule A and police certificate again to the HK office just to be safe, even though they have already sent these documents to Mississauga before their application have been transferred to HK. Would this delay the application process?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q2: Up until this point, the only fee we are supposed have paid for is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee right? Which was about $1040 something CAD. (Just want to double check.)

Q3: Approximately how long would for us hear from Hong Kong office to request my wife for her medical? (Time from application transferred to HK -> HK requesting medical)

Because she is planning to do her medical examination in Taiwan and then come immediately to Canada as a visitor to be reunited with me, she kind of needs to know an approximate time frame to book her flight.

Is this plan a good idea to begin with? Would she need any documentations from Taiwan from this point onward?

Q4: If the wait for HK to notify her regarding her medical gets too long, would she be able to do her medical exam in Canada as a visitor? Would the medical exam be much more expensive than Taiwan? (Medical exam in Taiwan cause about $225CAD) Do you know how much it cost for a visitor to do the medical exam in Canada?

Thank you so much for your help.

Kevin

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
Hi there,

I just saw this, so:

Schedule A is now requested to be submitted online through your account. There´s a new form, you should do it anyway.

You shouldn´t have to submit the other forms they request if youi already sent the, but send a letter ecplaining this to clarify the situation.

Police certificates: although you already sent them, it is now requested to submit online. Just do it to avoid delays or problems. Follow their instructions to submit them.

Fees: what you paid is correct. That´s it.

She can do the Medical in Canada as a visitor. It´s cheaper actually, around CAD150.

Hope it helps :)