+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Undeclared Child

msucanthave

Nov 22, 2018
It depends which program you apply through for PR - typically at least six months but it could be over a year. Your mother will not be able to sponsor you - so you'll need to either qualify on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry - or if you and your boyfriend are married or common law (have lived together for at least a year and he is Canadian, then he would be able to sponsor you.

The first step before you can apply for PR again would be to renounce the PR status you have now. This means that you would have to stop working in Canada and would no longer be entitled to live here or benefit from the health care system - or attend school as a domestic student.
If I renounce my PR status, I can still stay in Canada as temporary resident right? And I can get a permit to work from IRCC? And that being said, can my boyfriend start the process of sponsoring me to be a PR while im still in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If I renounce my PR status, I can still stay in Canada as temporary resident right? And I can get a permit to work from IRCC? And that being said, can my boyfriend start the process of sponsoring me to be a PR while im still in Canada?
No. Once you renounce, you need to leave Canada.

You cannot start the sponsorship process until you are no longer a PR.

msucanthave

Nov 22, 2018
No. Once you renounce, you need to leave Canada.

You cannot start the sponsorship process until you are no longer a PR.
This is from
CIC website.
“If you are inside Canada and your renunciation has been approved, you will be considered a temporary resident (visitor) in Canada. You are allowed to remain in Canada for six months as a temporary resident. If you would like to remain in Canada longer than six months, you must apply to extend your stay in Canada. You will no longer be allowed to work or study without authorization from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).”

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can stay in Canada as a visitor only (again, you won't be able to work, use health care services, etc.). Getting a work permit will require a job offer and approved LMIA from an employer in Canada.

Your boyfriend can sponsor you provided you get married or once you are common law.

naughtysmile

Aug 22, 2013
Hi. I have son in the Philippines that my mother didn't include on her permanent residence application. I got pregnant in the process and I was under 18 years old, I didn't sign any forms because my mother did it for me. I'm not married or anything. He's using my name. I'm thinking of submitting an sponsorship application for him but I know it will be a long shot since he wasn't declared. Is there any way or a better way I could still get my son here? Thanks.
hi there did u sponsor ur son?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Immigrants who failed to declare the existence of a lost family member when they first came to Canada will now get a chance to bring them here under a new two-year pilot project.

The initiative, that begins in September, was one of several announced by Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen on Friday aimed at promoting family reunification and protecting migrants from abuse and violence.

“Newcomers who failed to declare immediate family members as they first came to Canada were barred to sponsor them (later),” said Hussen at a Canadian Bar Association conference in Winnipeg. “Today, we right that wrong.”

Advocates for migrants have long complained that the existing policy creates hardship for refugees to reunite with family members lost during war, violence or natural disasters such as a typhoon, or for migrants who failed to disclose the existence of children they initially didn’t know were theirs.

“The bar had constantly pled with each government to address this issue. This had been a cruel law and finally somebody listened,” said Marina Sedai, chair of the bar association’s immigration law section. “This is the right thing to do.”

The two-year pilot project will be launched Sept. 9 and sponsorship applications for previously undeclared family members that are already underway will be processed under the new rules.
This appears, on the face of it, to target "lost family members" and "the existence of children they initially didn’t know were theirs", which is not the same as "deliberately undeclared, leading to misrepresentation".

msucanthave

Nov 22, 2018
hi there did u sponsor ur son?
I did. But I have to withdraw from the application since I got a letter saying his application for PR may be refused if I cant provide any evidence that he was declared and was examined at the time I became a PR. Applying for H&C with a lawyer is something I can't afford. I've decide I will withdraw his application and renounce my PR status when the time is right. If it gets approved I will be a temporary resident and my boyfriend will then submit an inland spousal sponsorship and my son will be included in that application. It will take time but this is the only solution I can come up with. My boyfriend will play a very vital role for this plan to succeed. My son is 7. My plan is to get him here before he turns 14years old.