+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring the father of my kids

mayfatblao

Jul 22, 2018
I'm just new here I just want some advise with you guys. So my mom sponsored me as her dependant and I have two kids. And luckily After how many years of wait I was successfully become PR we just arrived here last december 2017 but then I want to sponsor my boyfriend, the father of my kids. What should I do? Should I just go back home and we get marry and then just sponsor him or Can I sponsor him going here in canada without going back there?

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm just new here I just want some advise with you guys. So my mom sponsored me as her dependant and I have two kids. And luckily After how many years of wait I was successfully become PR we just arrived here last december 2017 but then I want to sponsor my boyfriend, the father of my kids. Though I didn't declare him as my common law bec we thought that it will affect my application before. What should I do? Should I just go back home and we get marry and then just sponsor him or Can I sponsor him going here in canada without going back there?
Are you saying that in fact you were common-law partners before you landed in Canada as a Permanent Resident, even though you chose not to inform IRCC?

M

mikeymyke

If you didn't declare him as common law, then your boyfriend can never be sponsored. Also, your mom and yourself are at risk of losing your PR status for misreprentation

mayfatblao

Jul 22, 2018
No we're not common law though since we're not living together. Since he is working away and i'm dependent to my mom since I was studying back then. What I mean in my question is could I declare him as my common law since we have a kid? But then as you said that If i didn't declared him then I should do the proper process then to get married and apply for him. Right?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No we're not common law though since we're not living together. Since he is working away and i'm dependent to my mom since I was studying back then. What I mean in my question is could I declare him as my common law since we have a kid? But then as you said that If i didn't declared him then I should do the proper process then to get married and apply for him. Right?
Have you ever lived with him for 12 months or more, even if it was in the past? IRCC’s going to be asking these questions, so you may as well be clear on the circumstances. Just having children together does not mean that you are common-law.

mayfatblao

Jul 22, 2018
Well I am sorry if my english is not that good that lead to mis interpretation. But as far as I know common law is when you're living together for years. And We didn't do that. I should just asked my mom first then before getting on this forum. I just want to speed up or ask anyone since I didn't know anythinh about sponsorship here. Since i'm new here. But believe me it's that what you are thinking is not what I mean.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Well I am sorry if my english is not that good that lead to mis interpretation. But as far as I know common law is when you're living together for years. And We didn't do that. I should just asked my mom first then before getting on this forum. I just want to speed up or ask anyone since I didn't know anythinh about sponsorship here. Since i'm new here. But believe me it's that what you are thinking is not what I mean.
From what country are you? I can advice just marry your boyfriend. And get the spousal visa . If you can proved to the vo that you were not living together even you do have two kids with him then good.

M

mikeymyke

If you lived with your boyfriend for at least a year, and this was before your PR app, then you shouldve declared him. Otherwise he can never be sponsored

mayfatblao

Jul 22, 2018
If you lived with your boyfriend for at least a year, and this was before your PR app, then you shouldve declared him. Otherwise he can never be sponsored
We never lived together since he was working in other place and i'm also studying. So we can present that to the vo if they'll request any proof. So i guess we need to get marry first since I cannot sponsor him if we're not married. And we're not in a common law.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
We never lived together since he was working in other place and i'm also studying. So we can present that to the vo if they'll request any proof. So i guess we need to get marry first since I cannot sponsor him if we're not married. And we're not in a common law.
thats very tricky you know. I think that's a red flag that you two have a kids together and they will ask you since when you two started the relationship . and you just got your pr 2017 and didn't declare him. I agree with the two in the above you can't sponsor him or else your pr status will be in jeopardy.

Reactions: carolbb23

mayfatblao

Jul 22, 2018
thats very tricky you know. I think that's a red flag that you two have a kids together and they will ask you since when you two started the relationship . and you just got your pr 2017 and didn't declare him. I agree with the two in the above you can't sponsor him or else your pr status will be in jeopardy.
Well i'm not afraid of that since i'm telling the truth if we really common law and i just declare him as not, I know that is not good. then i should not post here and asking questions right now. Well he visit me when it's his long vacation. I know it's complicated that is why i'm asking help here.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Well i'm not afraid of that since i'm telling the truth if we really common law and i just declare him as not, I know that is not good. then i should not post here and asking questions right now. Well he visit me when it's his long vacation. I know it's complicated that is why i'm asking help here.
That's why we are just telling you what would be the possible happen to your application, if you really want to try , then marry your boyfriend and let's see what will happen. We already warned you bout the misrepresentation .

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Since you haven’t lived together you’ll need to get married before you can sponsor him. You don’t qualify as common law. There is no expedited process because you have children. Expect it to take a year(maybe a little longer, maybe a little shorter) once you apply. He may find it difficult to get a TRV to come visit, so you may have to do the travelling.