+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse

mitemkt

Dec 13, 2012
Hello All,
I am a permanent resident in Canada. Recently, I have got married in Bangladesh and I want to sponsor my wife. I was studying in Canada and just finished my study, and I have no job or income. Planning to go back to Canada next month and find a job. In order to sponsor my wife, what exactly do I need to do to finish the process successfully? Also, what sort of papers and documents needed to proof the relationship to convince the visa officer?

Please suggest me. Appreciate your efforts.

Thanks....

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Though CIC does not have any minimum requirement of income to sponsor spouses you will be reponsible to provide financial support to your spouse for a minimum of three years after your wife becomes a PR. So it is important that you find a job ASAP so that you have income. You do need income to support yourself as well while in Canada.

Marriage Certificate, Wedding Pictures, Letters from Relatives and friends that both of you are married, how long both of you had relationship before marriage, letters to each other, evidence that both of you are living together etc are few of the things you will need to prove your relationship.