+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse while living outside of Canada

gavin

Dec 18, 2006
Hi.

I have tried to find this information in a variety of places on the net, but with little luck.

My question is about sponsering my spouse to come to Canada, while both of us are living outside of Canada. I am a Canadian citizen, and we would like to move our family to Canada.

Regarding jobs, I nor my spouse would be able to get a job until about a month or two before leaving for Canada. Regarding money, we have been saving up a 'buffer' to help move, but I see nowhere that the goverment says "in this scenario, you should have $X.XX to support X number of people".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gavin said:
Hi.

I have tried to find this information in a variety of places on the net, but with little luck.

My question is about sponsering my spouse to come to Canada, while both of us are living outside of Canada. I am a Canadian citizen, and we would like to move our family to Canada.

Regarding jobs, I nor my spouse would be able to get a job until about a month or two before leaving for Canada. Regarding money, we have been saving up a 'buffer' to help move, but I see nowhere that the goverment says "in this scenario, you should have $X.XX to support X number of people".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1. If you are a Canadian citizen you can sponsor your spouse while you reside outside Canada. See:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html You will have to include a statement that you will be returning to Canada once your spouse is issued a visa, as well you should outline what you intend to do for accommodation and work once you return.
2. You don't have to meet the Low Income Cutoff Figure (LICO) to sponsor a spouse or dependent children. YOu cannot be on public assistance except for disability. Although you do have to send the financial evaluation with the application to Mississauga.

PMM