+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring spouse from China

Bravoamigo

Jan 10, 2017
What are the types of Chinese documents e.g. divorce certificate, household record and no-criminal record etc
required by the applicant for immigration to Canada under spouse sponsorship? When they need to attested into English here in Canada or in China ? Before or after the marriage taking place in Canada? Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks a lot.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
What are the types of Chinese documents e.g. divorce certificate, household record and no-criminal record etc
required by the applicant for immigration to Canada under spouse sponsorship? When they need to attested into English here in Canada or in China ? Before or after the marriage taking place in Canada? Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks a lot.
Check the links below, you will find all the required forms to sponsor your Wife. Don't forget to check the country specific requirements for additional documents required.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
For Chinese national:
China (People’s Republic of) – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Persons born in the People’s Republic of China since 1996 must submit a notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China. (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted.)
  • For residents of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), a kinship certificate is not acceptable as proof of relationship.
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
    • The household register called the “hukou”.
    • Proof of marital status for children 16 years of age and older.
  • For divorces obtained in the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, please provide an “Absolute nisi decree”.
  • If residing in this jurisdiction (or another jurisdiction where Chinese is used for mail delivery):Where indicated, provide your address in Chinese characters as well as in Pinyin or English, including postal code. The mailing address you provide must be the residential address of a person or the business address of a firm. A post office box number is not acceptable.
As far as the documents attested into English, all the official documents issued by Chinese government need to be attested in China, by Chinese public notary office.

Last edited:
Reactions: diogosouza

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Check the links below, you will find all the required forms to sponsor your Wife. Don't forget to check the country specific requirements for additional documents required.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
For Chinese national:
China (People’s Republic of) – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Persons born in the People’s Republic of China since 1996 must submit a notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China. (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted.)
  • For residents of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), a kinship certificate is not acceptable as proof of relationship.
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
    • The household register called the “hukou”.
    • Proof of marital status for children 16 years of age and older.
  • For divorces obtained in the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, please provide an “Absolute nisi decree”.
  • If residing in this jurisdiction (or another jurisdiction where Chinese is used for mail delivery):Where indicated, provide your address in Chinese characters as well as in Pinyin or English, including postal code. The mailing address you provide must be the residential address of a person or the business address of a firm. A post office box number is not acceptable.
As far as the documents attested into English, all the official documents issued by Chinese government need to be attested in China, by Chinese public notary office.
Do you know how to translate the chinese documents?
I'm thinking about translating and notarizing in the Chinese Notary Public but I'm worried since they don't do the certified copies and affidavit like requested by CIC.

imfullofhope

May 8, 2019
Do you know how to translate the chinese documents?
I'm thinking about translating and notarizing in the Chinese Notary Public but I'm worried since they don't do the certified copies and affidavit like requested by CIC.
This should be enough. They’ll translate and officially notarize ur docs. They don’t have certified translation services in mainland, unless u want to do some search on Canadian embassy’s website for a lawyer who can provide u a translation with affidavit etc.

Reactions: diogosouza

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
This should be enough. They’ll translate and officially notarize ur docs. They don’t have certified translation services in mainland, unless u want to do some search on Canadian embassy’s website for a lawyer who can provide u a translation with affidavit etc.
If it's enough I guess I'll just use the one from notary public. Thanks a lot!

ljmu0324

Star Member
Jan 30, 2022
Do anyone know if both sponsor and the person being sponsored currently live in Canada, should they have to provide the Chinese address??

I personally believe not to but just in case when I saw the statement of

""If you live in this jurisdiction (or another where Chinese characters are used for mail delivery): Provide your address in Chinese characters, as well as in Pinyin or English, including the postal code. The mailing address you provide must be the residential address of a person or the business address of a firm. A post office box number is not acceptable.""

Aappreciate~~!!!!