+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse from Abu Dhabi

zghansar

Jul 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fairouzm said:
Hi Ahmed...

my sister did the same thing (mailing stuff to canada)... however... if they request something from you and give u a deadline... make sure you call the mp to extend it... if there is no time to submit the papers requested.. it took about 3 weeks to get the envilope from abu-dhabi... and there was a deadline on it... so the mp exteneded the deadline no problem...

my sister had a wonderful experiance... 3 months processing ...

so inshallah yours will be ok...
Hi can you post your sisters timeline please

Syrus

Nov 24, 2009
Hey guys...
I am a permanent resident of Canada planning to sponsor my wife. She is a citizen of India and is working in Dubai with a work permit. We want to process the visa application in Abu Dhabi (were all the visa for UAE is processed). My question is do anybody know if any documents to be submitted to be processed in Abu Dhabi need to notarized. I have asked so many consultancies and the CIC..Everyone have different opinions.....Please let me know...Thanks for your help
Syrus

ahmed_0287

Sep 12, 2009
Hey guys. My wife's PR Visa has been approved finally! Here's our timeline for all you people sponsoring from Abu Dhabi.

April 15 - sent out applications to Mississauga.
May 18 recieved approval to sponsor.
May 26 - processing began in Abu Dhabi visa office.
July 11 - wife completed x-ray for the medical (she couldn't do it before because she was pregnant).
November 3 - had to update some applications adding our newborn daughter.
January 11 - immigration officer called me to confirm that I was in Canada (which I was) and told me my wife was approved.
January 13 - received passport request via e-mail.
January 26 - passport returned with the visa. (ECAS updated to "Decision Made")

So basically everything took 8-9 months.

iqbalanwar

Jun 18, 2010
Hi All,

My parents have also submitted their application to Abu Dhabi.. Below are the time lines

Letter received on 19th Feb from CIC Mississauga
Application send to Dubai on 03 Apr 2010
Acknowledgment received from Abu Dhabi 19 Apr 2010. Also requested was the PCC which we already sent along with the application..

Up till now the status is in process..

Can any body else share their time line.. THanks..

honeylaine

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I would like to get all your opinion on what should i do first.

I'm working in Dubai for 5 years and i met my fiance (French Canadian from Quebec) in the same company. We've been together for 10 months before he decided to go back to Montreal for a new job. We are planning to get married in the Phillippines this year.

My questions are:

1. Under spouse sponsorship, what documents we should provide?
2. Does Canadian Immigration and Quebec Immigration has different procedure of application?
3. Can we process our papers here in Abu Dhabi instead in my home country Philippines?
4. Can we submit our application prior to our marriage?
5. Is the interview is a must?

I hope all my questions will be answered.

thanks!

sherlott

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sept. 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Nov. 2011
Passport Req..
Jan. 4, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012.. Glory to God!
hi! im a newbee here... just got some queries and hoping to be enlightened.. i became PR on aug 09. i landed to canada and went back to abu dhabi and now finishing my contract. before i became PR, my boyfriend and i decided to get married, but cannot bec my application is in process at that time so we have to wait until i get to canada.. so i went back to abu dhabi and got married. we are now waiting to get the authenticated marriage contract from the philippines to start the application for spousal sponsorship for my husband.. my question is.. i plan to settle in canada by next year, can i apply him now while we are in abu dhabi bec i wanted him to be with me when i come back to canada since we are planning to have a baby and i could get pregnant anytime. we are just waiting for ours papers to get authenticated. and also, i wanted to give birth to canada so my i wont have any problem in applying for the visa of our baby here in the UAE and then get to apply for visa to canada... really need some light on this issue.. thanks for the reply... God bless you...

regards,
sherlott

abumawada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
22-4-2010
File Transfer...
4-5-2010
Interview........
24-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-1-2011
LANDED..........
on 31-1-2011
sherlott,

since you are not a ctizen you are not allowed to apply for sponsorship while you are residing outside canada. if you were a citizen it was not a problem for you to apply your sponsor so you have to go back to canada and process your husband's application regarding the pregnancy work on it now and then deliver in canada, as far as my knowledge if you are going to deliver in UAE you have to apply for him the same for your husband and that is it.