+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse from Abu Dhabi

DotBlot

Jun 11, 2008
Hi,

I have started this topic for people who are in the process of outland applications for their spouses via the Abu Dhabi office. The process being what it is, stressful and full of unknowns, it may be easier for everyone to share their experiences and time-line.

I had the following questions to start the discussion with:

Does anyone have any information about relative processing times for Abu Dhabi?

How long do they take to send out a file number or client ID for the sponsored person

How soon do they call for an interview?

Has anyone had a spousal interview waived at Abu Dhabi?

How long after the interview do they issue the visa??

Thank-you!

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Does anyone have any information about relative processing times for Abu Dhabi?
This link has the processing times for all the visa offices outside of Canada. Abu Dhabi doesn't seem to be onthe list though.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#all

This link has the info about the office itself.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/abu-dhabi.asp

How long do they take to send out a file number or client ID for the sponsored person
When sponsorship approval is attained, they will send you an approval letter. That letter will have your client ID on it.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
hello

Don't worry, abudhabi is fast! My sister her husband got the visa in less than 4 months. :)

It took them only 10 days to send an AOR after they recieved the approval from cic-m.

DotBlot

Jun 11, 2008
Thank you for your replies.

We have not received AOR from Abu Dhabi till date, which is why I am concerned.

Do you think this is something to worry about? Should we wait some more before we contact the office to ask for AOR and File #?

Does anyone have any updates from Abu Dhabi??

S

shirlmak

Hi,

I think there are only few family class applicants at Abu Dhabi!!?. Not seen much posts related to this topic comparing to other offices. May be either no much members from this area or no one posting their views of problems.

Can any one from Abu Dhabi give some comments!!.

DotBlot

Jun 11, 2008
Hi Shirlmak,

For some reason, people who are going through Abu Dhabi, do not seem to want to post anything about their process or experience. Only ThirstyDeer and Fairouzm have written to help.

I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Dubai through Abu Dhabi. We received our AOR on 23 July 2008 and since then we are waiting for further developments....

Can you give some info about your case?

Thanks!

S

shirlmak

Hi Dotblot,

Sorry for the delay for reply. I was not well and was not checking the mails.
Our case is family class for PARENTS

DotBlot

Jun 11, 2008
Shirlmak,

I know of one other case of someone sponsoring parents from Abu Dhabi. This is their timeline so far...

Time line at Abu Dhabi:

Sponsorship approved CIC in Sep 06
Immigration Application filed Feb 07
Abu Dhabi asked PCC and submitted July 07
Original school certificate for proof of relation, asked but could submit only certified true copy in Sep 07.
Waiting after that till date????....
On line eCAS "IN PROCESS".

I will keep posting when I hear something in my case as well.

Good luck!!!

zghansar

Jul 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I submitted my papers on the 7th of August, CIC Mississauga must have got it on Monday 10th August,2009.

I am sponsoring my wife who lives in Muscat, Oman from the Abu Dhabi office.

Let the wait begin ....

ahmed_0287

Sep 12, 2009
Hi everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to share my sponsorship experience.
I'm sponsoring my wife who lives in Yemen through the Abu Dhabi visa office.

April 15 - sent out applications to Mississauga.
May 18 recieved approval to sponsor.
May 26 - processing began in Abu Dhabi visa office.
July 11 - wife completed x-ray for the medical (she couldn't do it before because she was pregnant).
September 13 - as of today, application is "in process" according to E-CAS.

My wife and I got married last October. Actually it was a double wedding. My brother got married to my wife's identical twin sister and they both got pregnant right away. My daughter was born just last month and my brother's daughter was born a couple weeks ago. Since me and my brother are Canadians, our daughters automatically become Canadians and we've applied for passport and citizenship certificate for them through the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Hopefully that won't take too long.

Anyways, back to the sponsorship application. I've sent so many documents along with the sponsorship application including the marriage certificate (which took forever to get thanks to the unorganized and unprofessional Yemeni government), lots of pics of the wedding and in our home, ultrasound of our baby, and a bunch of other stuff.

In case you guys haven't heard, the Yemeni postal service is a f*cking joke, so I've made my wife's mailing address my residential address in Canada. Hopefully it won't take to long to recieve mail.

Do you guys have any experiences with the Abu Dhabi office? How long do they usually take? What's their interview process like? Anyone have any timelines to share? Thanks in advance!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hi Ahmed...

my sister did the same thing (mailing stuff to canada)... however... if they request something from you and give u a deadline... make sure you call the mp to extend it... if there is no time to submit the papers requested.. it took about 3 weeks to get the envilope from abu-dhabi... and there was a deadline on it... so the mp exteneded the deadline no problem...

my sister had a wonderful experiance... 3 months processing ...

so inshallah yours will be ok...