+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse from abroad, PLEASE HELP, Thanks.

Sevan

Jan 11, 2010
I am Canadian Citizen passport holder living in Armenia for 3 years now, i got married 2 years ago in Armenia and living in armenia with my wife, she has Armenian Passport and i have Armenian residency to be able to live here legally, i like to sponsor my wife from Armenia and our landing destination shall be Vancouver, so far i do know the application process, filling application forms etc. my worry is they may refuse my application because of this issues... 1- i don´t work in Armenia basicly no income, i don´t meet the spouse income requirements, 2- my main worry, i can´t prove to them i shall return to Canada with my wife after they issue her an immigrant Visa, because i have no house and no job offer in Canada and not renting apartment in Vancouver. 3- for the past three years since i have been here i didnot file any tax return as Canadian Citizen, the only reason is ( i have no income here abroad) and didnot inform Canada that i left to Armenia. My question is will those 3 issues i explained above cause any problem and maybe even refusal of my application and if so is there anything i can do before i apply to solve or help those issues ?????

The only ties i have to canada is my valid Driver´s License from Montreal, Bank Accounts along with a Visa but less then $1000 balance in them and a Post Office Mail Box address in Montreal which i open before i left 3 years back and I do have a bank account in Armenia with a balance of over $35,000 US in my account here, should i get a letter from the bank here with this amount mentioned and enclose along with the application form to show Canadian Immigration ?? and will those ties i mentioned above help me ??, should i mention them ?????
Thanks

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no income requirement for spousal sponsorship. The big hurdle is going to be proving that you will return to Canada. I would suggest that you start looking for jobs in Vancouver.

Sevan

Jan 11, 2010
Thanks alot for your advice, it's going to be very difficult to find a job offer from abroad and not being negative but maybe even impossible in my field of work from abroad, but once i get to Vancouver with my wife it shall be much easier for job search, 1- is there any reliable websites in Vancouver ??? i shall contact them and discuss with them if we can lease an apartment in advance (from now) include a deposit even non-refundable and ofcoarse to start the monthly rent payments once landed and reside in the apartment lets say a year from now and to have the lease contract made and send by mail along with the application to Immigration and 2- because of my difficulty proving to return to Canada and maybe even having my application refused, will it help to mention in my application form landing in Toronto since i do have Family friends in Toronto and have the family member write a statement that we would both be residing with them until we get jobs, will this statement help us ??? and who knows we may like our new life in Toronto, i have been there once and did like it, also lots of job opportunities in Toronto and if one day we do decide to move to Vancouver i don't think there shall be any problems.
Thanks.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
In order to show they intend to move to Canada, people show all sorts of things. Job offers in Canada, college enrollment in Canada, a house or apartment owned or rented in Canada, letter from family/friends who know of their plans to move and maybe even intend to help them get settled (like in your case the family from Toronto), any kind of correspondence with anyone that shows your plans (ie even if you get rejections to jobs you apply, you can still send those to show you've been trying, you can include emails from family/friends discussing the move, emails to show you're trying to find a place in Canada ...).

You can also include any evidence you have that you are intending leave your current county. Like a letter from the landlord saying they know you intend to leave upon receiving the visa, letter from your (or your wife's) current employer saying they know you're planning to move, showing proof you're selling your house/apartment, ... These aren't always possible, I know. If you can think of anything though, go ahead and include it.

This is tricky, because it's really hard to plan for a move when you have no clue when the visa will come. You can't sell your stuff right away if you might still be there for a year. If you don't include enough evidence from the start, the visa office will eventually ask you to send more. So if you don't have enough to show when you're first applying, don't worry, you will get another chance later on. Though it's better to show everything you can from the start, that way you avoid delays later on (when the visa office has to ask you for info and then wait for your reply).

Sevan

Jan 11, 2010
Thanks for your advice, very helpful.
Lets say in the application forms i chose the place to land Toronto or even Montreal ( much easier for me ) since i have many friends in Montreal willing to help with the statement that we would both be residing there until we get jobs and the sponsorship application got approved for either of this city's and then without informing immigration we went ahead bought airline tickets and did the landing in Vancouver, 1- will that be a problem ??? and 2- is there a specific period of time i need to stay in the City i Land ??? My plan and goal eventually is Vancouver but i don't mind landing in other city and staying there for few month.
Since Quebec Immigration process is a bit different regarding additional paper work then in Ontario and BC, 3- will the paper work make an issue for Quebec from Abroad, will it be difficult from abroad to apply for quebec ???
Thanks

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't remember you having to select where you are going to land in the application forms. Where and on what form are you seeing this?

1. No, no problem.
2. No, no specific time.
3. I don't quite understand your question. There is a specific process for Quebec applicants that you have to follow, yes, but once you are done and landed your spouse will be a PR just the same.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
There is a field on there that asks where you intend to live upon relocating to Canada. That isn't the same as where you intend to land - you can do the landing anywhere in Canada. But if you intend to live in Quebec, you have to do that extra Quebec part of the application. You should be able to do that from abroad, I think.

As a permanent resident, you're allowed to move anywhere in Canada. You don't have to stay anywhere you don't want to. When you're landing, you will have to provide an address where a PR card can be sent and that has to be somewhere in Canada. It can take up to 6 weeks for the card to arrive.

Sevan

Jan 11, 2010
Thanks for you time, i did some research and yes i have to do that extra Quebec part of the application and it can be done from abroad.
When CIC accepts my application then the next step is the Government of Quebec which needs to make his decision :eek:, extra application form shall be mailed to me overseas by Quebec and want application forms in French and it is much more difficult to get accepted for Quebec, French is an issue, their advise for immigrants to Quebec is to learn french abroad before applying, giving names of Institution abroad they are working with in different countries, my wife has no knowledge of French so i decided to forget about Quebec and for other reasons as well, my first plan and goal was Vancouver so i shall work on that, i am now looking for an Institute for my wife to apply and get the letter of acceptance, i shall research on that but looking at few Schools its very expensive for international student, may cost over $10,000 for 1 year lets say G. Design Course Diploma but for PR around $3000, my Question is 1- Any ideas on Institute's in Vancouver or maybe Toronto ???
2- Shall we apply as International Student ??? or Just as a resident since when we get there we can give her Social Security Number to the School as a resident, i don't think it shall be a problem with the School but maybe with the immigration officer issuing the Sponsorship Visa, he may not like that way applying as a resident in which my wife is not, in a way its lying to the School and should apply as International Student so as the immigration officer shall accept and ofcoarse most important is my wife wants to study Graphic Design, it was her dream, thanks for any info.
Bye

L

lounge

Hi Everyone, any reply for #7 regarding education i shall appreciate it.