+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse for PR

sachi2190

Jan 29, 2018
Hi,
I received PR in 2019 and landed in Canada in December 2019. Now I am in the process of sponsoring my spouse.
As per my understanding, I need to file a paper based application. My query was related to the documents which need my spouse's signatures. Do I need to submit the originals, or his signed forms scanned copy will do ?
Thanks in advance,
Sachi.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,
I received PR in 2019 and landed in Canada in December 2019. Now I am in the process of sponsoring my spouse.
As per my understanding, I need to file a paper based application. My query was related to the documents which need my spouse's signatures. Do I need to submit the originals, or his signed forms scanned copy will do ?
Thanks in advance,
Sachi.
1. Originals

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
Thanks in advance,
Sachi.
Read the guide. There is a whole section on signatures that answers your question.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#check

sachi2190

Jan 29, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply ! I refered to the above link previously and reading the following statement only I got the doubt :
Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
I would suggest that you send originals

Thanks a lot for your reply ! I refered to the above link previously and reading the following statement only I got the doubt :
Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a ton ! I did not want to delay my application actually, and with Corona virus if he couriers me the originals, I am not sure how soon Ill receive , so got this doubt.
You should get the original signatures the first time so your application isn’t sent back.

sachi2190

Jan 29, 2018
Hi I had submitted scanned copies, and it worked for me. Then had accepted my application and it is in progress currently.