+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse (dependent visa) from India.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hi .

I am permanent resident of Canada from 2016. I came to India on May 2021 to marry my spouse and from then I am in India as the flights for India are suspended.
I am currently in India.

I have my residence in Toronto and also currently working for Canadian employer (Work from Home). I have my pay slips from the Canadian employer, till date.

Now, I want to sponsor my (Indian) wife for dependent visa. Under the below category.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

QUESTION:

1. Can I fill the related Spousal forms and submit (courier) the application while I am in India?
    Do I need to be in Canada to submit the application, for my situation mentioned above? Please guide me appropriately.
  2. If the answer is YES, for the above. What is the address, the courier should be sent to?

From the Guide,

Who can become a sponsor
You can become a sponsor if you are:

• at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Actor a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and;
  • can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi .

I am permanent resident of Canada from 2016. I came to India on May 2021 to marry my spouse and from then I am in India as the flights for India are suspended.
I am currently in India.

I have my residence in Toronto and also currently working for Canadian employer (Work from Home). I have my pay slips from the Canadian employer, till date.

Now, I want to sponsor my (Indian) wife for dependent visa. Under the below category.

QUESTION:

1. Can I fill the related Spousal forms and submit (courier) the application while I am in India?
    Do I need to be in Canada to submit the application, for my situation mentioned above? Please guide me appropriately.
  2. If the answer is YES, for the above. What is the address, the courier should be sent to?

From the Guide,

Who can become a sponsor

• at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Actor a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and;
  • can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off).
1. No, you must wait until you have returned to Canada to submit the spousal sponsorship application. You must then continue living in Canada while the application is processed. Short trips outside of Canada are fine but you want to be able to demonstrate if needed that you are primarily living in Canada while the PR application for your spouse is processed.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi .

I am currently in India.

QUESTION:

From the Guide,

Who can become a sponsor

• at least 18 years old
Only direct flights are suspended. There are large amounts of people arriving from India daily.