28 Sep 2008
Med's Done....
04 Jan 2010
Passport Req..
12 Jul 2010
VISA ISSUED...
22 Sep 2010
Hi everyone,

I applied for my immigration alone (under skilled immigration / 38 professions / fast track program), though I am married and have a child also. The reasons for applying alone (without family) was to well settle in Canada before I am able to sponsor my family to Canada, as I thought it will take me 4 to 5 to reasonably settle in Canada. I have gotten provisional acceptance and am awaiting my medical examination soon, for which instructions have also been sent to me by Canadian authorities. In this regard, I would request you to please share your experiences / knowledge by responding to my following queries please. Just to re-iterate that my objective is to initiate family sponsorship process so that they come to Canada 4 to 5 months after I having landed into Canada.
1. Can I initiate family sponsorship process, after I get my immigration, while being in Pakistan? I want to submit all the documents while being in Pakistan, though, the case may actually take its time for processing by Canadian Authorities.
2. What could be the processing time for visa under family sponsorship?
3. Does visit visa, including multiple entry, take longer time for processing than that of family sponsorship based visa?
5. What is the duration for which visit visa is generally granted?
6. Would it be feasible to apply for visit visa first so that my family joins me there and then initiate the process of family sponsorship?

I would be grateful for members' responses.

Thanks.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No. If you had applied together you could have done that, but to sponsor them separately you have to be in Canada as a PR.
2. It changes with time; please refer to www.cic.gc.ca for the current processing times.
3. No.
6. From what I've heard it would be very difficult to get that approved, but not impossible.

When filing your application, did you list them as non-accompanying family members? You have to do that to be allowed to sponsor them.

vinkum78

Dec 20, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sep 2008
Med's Done....
04 Jan 2010
Passport Req..
12 Jul 2010
VISA ISSUED...
22 Sep 2010
Thanks for your reply Karlshammar.

I listed my family members as non-accompanying members. However, I provided all the details required. I also provided justifications for not taking them along for the time being. They didnt raise any query or show any concern about it.

Regards