+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse and dependant child?

lisa921

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Toronto or ottawa
Hi
Im married to a bangladeshi man and he has an lovely cousin who is 6 and in need of a home due to break down of her family. She is currently with the grandma in bangladesh who has cancer. We want to bring her to canada and im wondering if he can mention her as a dependant child on his application so she can become a pr too.
Or do i have to sponsor her after three years from him.
Suggestions and advice appreciated
Lisa

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi
Im married to a bangladeshi man and he has an lovely cousin who is 6 and in need of a home due to break down of her family. She is currently with the grandma in bangladesh who has cancer. We want to bring her to canada and im wondering if he can mention her as a dependant child on his application so she can become a pr too.
Lisa
I'm sorry but this is not possible. A cousin is not a "family member" as defined by "Family Class" for immigration purposes..

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Also, it doesn't sound like the kid is an orphan and OP cannot even adopt her.

You cannot simply add any person to you PR application nor sponsor her unless she is a family member. Think about it, even your brother or sister are not consider as direct family member for PR application. So a cousin doesn't come close to this.

Reactions: starnaenae

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
Lisa
The most you could do is bring her as a student with the permission of the parents. This will cost around $13000/year in tuition, if not more.