+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring parents

parpari

Sep 29, 2009
Hello there:
I am just wondering if CIC asks for updates on your sponsorship application (such as updating your address or sending the most recent T4 slips) after they open it? Or do they decide solely based on the info provided at the time of submitting the application? If so, how would they find out if someone is living in Canada (since that's a requirement for sponsoring parents) or someone's financial situation has changed?
I appreciate any info on that.
Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

parpari said:
Hello there:
I am just wondering if CIC asks for updates on your sponsorship application (such as updating your address or sending the most recent T4 slips) after they open it? Or do they decide solely based on the info provided at the time of submitting the application? If so, how would they find out if someone is living in Canada (since that's a requirement for sponsoring parents) or someone's financial situation has changed?
I appreciate any info on that.
Thanks,
They reconfirm after the sponsorship is opened.

PMM

MISFAH

Dec 3, 2014
Within Canada Sponsoring parents

Hello,

Can somebody have any information for applying parents sponsorship within Canada. My parents are staying with me and I am wondering to apply for their immigration.

Also please let me know whether their stay will be counted in for the immigration process?

I will appreciate if you fwd any information to me.

thanks,

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Re: Within Canada Sponsoring parents

MISFAH said:
Hello,

Can somebody have any information for applying parents sponsorship within Canada. My parents are staying with me and I am wondering to apply for their immigration.

Also please let me know whether their stay will be counted in for the immigration process?

I will appreciate if you fwd any information to me.

thanks,
I don't know which part of the immigration process require them to stay in Canada except that for citizenship.
Have they landed yet?
With the new bill C-24 in effect next year, time stayed before PR will not be counted towards physical presence of their citizenship requirement.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Within Canada Sponsoring parents

MISFAH said:

Hi

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

Note that the program doesn't reopen until Jan 2nd, 2015, and is capped at 5000 applications. As the program is in high demand, the cap is likely to be reached within a week or 2.

Your parents stay in Canada doesn't count for anything.