+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring parents .. Need help with Principal Applicant.

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
hello,

I am planning to sponsor my parents.

i would like to know if i can put my mom as principal applicant and my dad as dependent. Dont know if this works ?

I checked in the forum but i see everybody has there father as Principal Applicant.

Somebody please help me with this if i can Put MOM AS PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND dad as dependent OR NOT ?

or is there any rule that dad has to be a PA.

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You can pick whichever parent you want to be the Principal Applicant. It makes no difference.

glass77

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
hi,

planning to sponsor my parents,

i was confused if i can put my mom as principal applicant and my dad as her dependent ?
I HAVE SEEN IN THE FORUM THAT BASICALLY EVERYONE HAS THERE DAD AS principal applicant and mom as dependent.

I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE OR ALLOWED TO MAKE MOM AS PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND DAD AS HER SPOUSE.

Confused about this, IS THERE ANY THREAD OR INSTRUCTION FOR THIS ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
glass77 said:
I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE OR ALLOWED TO MAKE MOM AS PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND DAD AS HER SPOUSE.

Confused about this, IS THERE ANY THREAD OR INSTRUCTION FOR THIS ?
As stated above, either parent can be the PA. Canada is not a sexist country that automatically requires the male to be the PA....

Happy2016

Jan 2, 2016
Hi ,

Need help with IMM 1344 , I want to sponsor both my parents ( married to each other ).

Do i fill a separate imm 1344 for each .? Or only one of them ?

If only one of them , I make the other one dependent on IMM 008 ?

thank you

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Happy2016 said:
Hi ,

Need help with IMM 1344 , I want to sponsor both my parents ( married to each other ).

Do i fill a separate imm 1344 for each .? Or only one of them ?

If only one of them , I make the other one dependent on IMM 008 ?

thank you
Only fill one IMM1344 for the principal applicant. other parent will become dependent who will be mentioned on IMM0008