Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
mysore said:
Hi all,

Received today confirmation for submitting passports for visa stamping in India. I wrote to CIC on April 5th and got a response today with a 30 day timeline to submit the passports.
Congratulation, and thank you for update.
That means I should not loose hope, my parent did their medical in August.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hello Friends,
Is there be a provision to delay Landing as my parents immigration visa is expiring soon but I am wondering if it is possible to extend for couple of months or it will create more challenges in the application.

Only concern is don't want to complicate the situation as its already took long to get immigration.

Thanks,

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little star said:
Hello Friends,
Is there be a provision to delay Landing as my parents immigration visa is expiring soon but I am wondering if it is possible to extend for couple of months or it will create more challenges in the application.

Only concern is don't want to complicate the situation as its already took long to get immigration.

Thanks,
Hi there
We just received approval for my parents and I thought I read that landing may not be extended!
I may be wrong though.
How long was it valid for? I am trying to find this out and havent found an answer yet!
tks

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Leolaz27 said:
Hi there
We just received approval for my parents and I thought I read that landing may not be extended!
I may be wrong though.
How long was it valid for? I am trying to find this out and havent found an answer yet!
tks
Thanks, thats what i thought.
The validity of immigration will be shown on stamped visa. Usually it is 1 year after medical exam

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
punchshp said:
Congratulation, and thank you for update.
That means I should not loose hope, my parent did their medical in August.
Thanks! My parents medicals were done on July 25th, so you should hear from CIC soon.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
mysore said:
Thanks! My parents medicals were done on July 25th, so you should hear from CIC soon.
Hopefully, unfortunately in my case they haven't yet started background check, and I don't know how long it takes once it is started.
Good luck to you and your parents

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Do you guys know if when receiving passport request and if 1 parent is in Canada and the other in home country, can the one in Canada send passport to Ottawa and the other to embassy in home country or do they have to send them together as 1 is principal applicant and the other dependent? If anyone had similar situation, your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
Hi ,

Last week for my parents application Back Ground Check changed to "Not Applicable" under My CIC account, did this happened with someone else as well?

Thanks!!

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform everybody that today my parents got the visa today along with COPR. Thankyou everybody.

Few questions:

1. How long is the wait for getting PR card. Immigration website says 45 days how true is that. I'm planning to get book their return tickets so what is the safe option.
2. On COPR final destination is <city name> and in sponsor section my details are there along with my address. Is it possible for them to change the address for the PR card when they do the landing OR they do the landing and I change the address on immigration website or phone CIC or their address change.

Hope to get answers soon.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
what was it before the change happened?

Bobby82 said:
Hi ,

Last week for my parents application Back Ground Check changed to "Not Applicable" under My CIC account, did this happened with someone else as well?

Thanks!!

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
oh I see. Hopefully this means that they have completed the check. please keep us posted.

Bobby82 said:
It was appearing as Your Application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
futurecitizen said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform everybody that today my parents got the visa today along with COPR. Thankyou everybody.
Congrats!

1. How long is the wait for getting PR card. Immigration website says 45 days how true is that. I'm planning to get book their return tickets so what is the safe option.
Normally, it takes around 4 weeks. However, the range is 30 - 45 days.

2. On COPR final destination is <city name> and in sponsor section my details are there along with my address. Is it possible for them to change the address for the PR card when they do the landing OR they do the landing and I change the address on immigration website or phone CIC or their address change.
Yes, your parents can state the new address for their PRC to be mailed to at POE. If the officer doesn't ask for the address (usually they do); your parents need to voluntarily declare it.

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
Bobby82 said:
Hi ,

Thanks!!
Hi Rossesi,

Any idea on this?

Thanks!!

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Rossei said:
Congrats!
Normally, it takes around 4 weeks. However, the range is 30 - 45 days.
Yes, your parents can state the new address for their PRC to be mailed to at POE. If the officer doesn't ask for the address (usually they do); your parents need to voluntarily declare it.
Thanks Rossei for the reply. Can you please let me know if it is advisable to update the address on CIC website on my Client ID (sponsor) and on my parents client ID (I checked the status by putting their client ID and it says the mailing address is blank and I can update the mailing address for them). Website says it takes around 5 business days to update the address. If I update address would they be asking me for address proof or they will just update the address. Please let me know