+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
Please share your detailed timeline with requests you received from london visa office at each stage. Since there aren't many people whose visa office was london, it will really help. Thank you.
Hey there, I am new to the forum and was just wondering did you apply for supervisa or pgp for your parents?
what year did you apply?
Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
zarahsak said:
Hey there, I am new to the forum and was just wondering did you apply for supervisa or pgp for your parents?
what year did you apply?
Thanks
This is a 2015 PGP thread, not meant for Super Visa.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
GoldFishMississauga said:
Friends,

Wondering if anyone can please guide / help.

Applied in Jan 2015.

Medicals done in August 2016.
PCC submitted via email in January 2017.

And since then no update.

I read few posts where landing or other fees were requested.

Can anyone please by when I should expect the next update and for what?

Many thanks in advance.
It highly depends on your LVO, which you didn't mention.

Take a look at our timeline spreadsheet by which you can figure out what/when to expect your next update. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/S2SPwf

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
This is a 2015 PGP thread, not meant for Super Visa.
so does that mean they are giving parents visa in about 2 years? i thought it takes around 5 years

sandeep1986

Apr 7, 2011
Hi ,

Please find below the timeline for my mother's sponsorship . Because of some reason , it is taking way to long . The status in CIC website shows - Decision Made and In Process for Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status respectively.

I have seen other applicants who got back the responses long back ago . I am not sure why my application is not moving . I applied for case notes which I got on Jan 30th and there was nothing mentioned which could delay it so much .

Would contacting MP be any beneficial in my case ? Are there any other applicants who are in same boat ?
Application received by CPC-M: Jan 2, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: March 21, 2016
Request of Doc(Death Cert of Spouse) - Nov 25 2016
Submition of Doc(Death Cert of Spouse) - Nov 28 2016
Confirmation that the docs received - Dec 06 2016
Sponsorship approval: 11 Jan (file moved to Ottawa)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
zarahsak said:
so does that mean they are giving parents visa in about 2 years? i thought it takes around 5 years
Yes, parents are getting PR Visa in 1 - 3 years for 2016, 2015 and 2014 applications. Since CIC changed into lottery system this year, the timeline may differ a little. As long as this Govt is in power, I believe, they will continue to bring parents faster than before (>5 years).

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Yes, parents are getting PR Visa in 1 - 3 years for 2016, 2015 and 2014 applications. Since CIC changed into lottery system this year, the timeline may differ a little. As long as this Govt is in power, I believe, they will continue to bring parents faster than before (>5 years).

Oh that's great. Hopefully the lotery results are declared soon too:)

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Question for Rossie and others:

This has been a very stressful journey that is still on-going. I noted in GCMS notes that after each request that we receive from London visa office, there is a due date in their system for officer’s review which coincides with the due date they give us for document submission and it happens to fall on Sunday in most cases. So if due date is 60 days, that’s what they put in their system and even if we submit our request in 10 days, they don’t review or send us additional request after due date + 2 or more weeks because no one looks at our file until then. If this continues, we will just keep waiting.

1) So is this how it always work, officer doesn’t review the file till due dates become current + several extra days? I know we can only guess, but different perspectives help.

2) Background check in progress for about 2 months on mycic. We provided additional request related to that several days ago, but again since 60 days were assigned to due date, we may not hear anything until several days after the due date. Although, BC shows in progress on mycic, security “not started” as per GCMS. 2) When do they start security? What are they waiting for as security may take additional long time. Medicals are done, and they have the results. Is there a possibility security may have been completed but it still shows “not started”.

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Ibaadat said:
2) Background check in progress for about 2 months on mycic. We provided additional request related to that several days ago, but again since 60 days were assigned to due date, we may not hear anything until several days after the due date. Although, BC shows in progress on mycic, security “not started” as per GCMS. 2) When do they start security? What are they waiting for as security may take additional long time. Medicals are done, and they have the results. Is there a possibility security may have been completed but it still shows “not started”.
From what people are reporting, the status is not always up-to-date. See this comment by hbestluck:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-parents-in-2015-t248893.0.html;msg5835694#msg5835694

Ohcanada604

Mar 28, 2017
Hi All,

My query is about the timeline in the New Delhi embassy.

Application was received in January 2, 2015 and approved on March 21, 2015.
Medicals received in June 26, 2016 and submitted within a month and has been received since then.
Request to submit: Application Form IMM008, IMM5406 and Schedule A within 60 days was received on July 18, 2016 and has been submitted.
RPRF fee was paid on August 29, 2016.

Another e-Mail request to re-submit Schedule A (one year gap has been left in my father's personal history by mistake) was received on February 18, 2017 with another form "Police Service Form" has been received. My father is in police service. Both Schedule A and Police Service Form were emailed back on February 23rd, 2017.

My first question is:

1. How often do they update the ECAS. As of March 28th, 2017 the ECAS is still showing additional documents requested on February 18th, 2017 and nothing about the documents being received. Is there a way to confirm if they have received these documents.

2. Medical was done in July 2016, does this mean that they will make a decision before July 2016 as the medical is only valid for one year. It seems like they are in last stage of making their decision.

3. Parents are planning to visit us here in June this year. If they receive an interview, or asked to submit their passports or to get their medical again, can they do all this here from within Canada or they have to return back to India.

If anybody has any experience or information for the above, it will be very helpful. Thank you.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Ohcanada604 said:
1. How often do they update the ECAS. As of March 28th, 2017 the ECAS is still showing additional documents requested on February 18th, 2017 and nothing about the documents being received. Is there a way to confirm if they have received these documents.
Docs received don't get updated anywhere. You can call IRCC and try to get a confirmation. E-Cas only gets updated on specific events, so it's not frequent. You can try MyCIC account to see little more details on your file.

2. Medical was done in July 2016, does this mean that they will make a decision before July 2016 as the medical is only valid for one year. It seems like they are in last stage of making their decision.
It's very likely that they would try to make the final decision before medical expires. If not, then they also may request for a re-medical.

3. Parents are planning to visit us here in June this year. If they receive an interview, or asked to submit their passports or to get their medical again, can they do all this here from within Canada or they have to return back to India.
They can do medical here and also submit PP to Ottawa for visa stamping.

Amn1993

Mar 27, 2017
I m new on this forum
Application recieved on 4th jan 2015 (mom+bro+sister)
File transfer to NDVO may 2016
Medical nd additional documnts reqst June 2016
Medikl done july 2016
Now NDVO email us that at the tym of sponsorship 2015 the age of dependents must be less than 18 so my bro or sis neither met that requirement
Now it's very frustrating
Firstly when I sent in 2014 came back file
Please give me suggestion what now next help, how my sister nd brother that take in file by NDVO

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Amn1993 said:
I m new on this forum
Application recieved on 4th jan 2015 (mom+bro+sister)
File transfer to NDVO may 2016
Medical nd additional documnts reqst June 2016
Medikl done july 2016
Now NDVO email us that at the tym of sponsorship 2015 the age of dependents must be less than 18 so my bro or sis neither met that requirement
Now it's very frustrating
Firstly when I sent in 2014 came back file
Please give me suggestion what now next help, how my sister nd brother that take in file by NDVO
How old were your sister and brother when the application was received in January 2015? To be considered as dependents, they had to be 18 years old or under at the time the application was received in 2015. If they were 19 years old or over when the application was received by CIC, they aren't classified as dependents and cannot be included in the application with your mother unfortunately. This means that if they wish to immigrate to Canada, they will have to qualify on their own through a program like Express Entry / FSW.

Amn1993

Mar 27, 2017
scylla said:
How old were your sister and brother when the application was received in January 2015? To be considered as dependents, they had to be 18 years old or under at the time the application was received in 2015. If they were 19 years old or over when the application was received by CIC, they aren't classified as dependents and cannot be included in the application with your mother unfortunately. This means that if they wish to immigrate to Canada, they will have to qualify on their own through a program like Express Entry / FSW.
I think Fortune plays a vital role when i came in canada in 2010 after 1 year Dec 2011 go to apply then closed for two years
It's very hard I paid tax very difficult but before 2015 like education regular etc
My sister was 21 year nd brother 19 at that time
Is their no any hope now by any means like though Mp or anything else ?
Lawyer said to me wait everything will work out alright
My mother always said I cann't visit like on super visa where nd how my bro.sis live but we come together
When our desires broken can't believe till now

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Amn1993 said:
I think Fortune plays a vital role when i came in canada in 2010 after 1 year Dec 2011 go to apply then closed for two years
It's very hard I paid tax very difficult but before 2015 like education regular etc
My sister was 21 year nd brother 19 at that time
Is their no any hope now by any means like though Mp or anything else ?
Lawyer said to me wait everything will work out alright
My mother always said I cann't visit like on super visa where nd how my bro.sis live but we come together
When our desires broken can't believe till now
An MP can't change immigration rules or fix this problem. Unfortunately your brother and sister are too old and cannot be included in the application along with your mother. You should expect that CIC will remove them from the application soon since they don't meet the dependent requirements. I'm not sure why your lawyer is saying to wait and that everything will work out - this doesn't make sense. The Liberals have talked about increasing the dependent age. However no changes to the rules have been made yet. And if changes are made, we don't know if they will apply to applications already submitted. As of now, your brother and sister cannot be included and there's nothing anyone can do to change this. I'm sorry. Your brother and sister should focus on their education in their home country and also on gaining skilled work experience so that they can qualify to immigrate eventually through an economic stream like Express Entry.