Sponsoring Parents in 2015

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning folks!

I just wanted to update you on my parents case and ask a couple questions regarding post landing things we should do.
My parents landed as PR in Edmonton on March 7, we went to Mexico for my wedding on March 11 without their PR card (Had no choice!). I managed applying for and receiving their Permanent Residency Travel document in a week in Mexico, so they can return to Canada with me on March 19. Hurray!!!

So questions for you:
1- After landing, I applied for their health card, SIN, and bank accounts. Is there anything else I should do? (Other than ESL classes I guess).
2- With Alberta Health Card, they send us a form to Alberta Senior Health Benefits. Do my parents qualify for that even though they are on sponsorship?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
Good morning folks!

I just wanted to update you on my parents case and ask a couple questions regarding post landing things we should do.
My parents landed as PR in Edmonton on March 7, we went to Mexico for my wedding on March 11 without their PR card (Had no choice!). I managed applying for and receiving their Permanent Residency Travel document in a week in Mexico, so they can return to Canada with me on March 19. Hurray!!!

So questions for you:
1- After landing, I applied for their health card, SIN, and bank accounts. Is there anything else I should do? (Other than ESL classes I guess).
2- With Alberta Health Card, they send us a form to Alberta Senior Health Benefits. Do my parents qualify for that even though they are on sponsorship?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.
What was your parents LVO?

as per your questions?
1 - Driver's Licenses ?
2 - Yes

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
I was able to link my parents' application. Maybe someone will find that helpful. I used Application number & Family name, entered city & country of birth, passport info, place they intend to reside in Canada and 4 family members instead of 5. Looks like they did not count a child as a family member. Good luck to everyone!

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
Just noticed that the CIC portal now has the PR application status as 'decision made'. How long does it take normally to get the email once this site is updated? The file is in Ottawa.

Thanks.

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
mysore said:
Just noticed that the CIC portal now has the PR application status as 'decision made'. How long does it take normally to get the email once this site is updated? The file is in Ottawa.

Thanks.
Received the email in the middle of the night yesterday! They have requested passport submission to Ottawa. However, my parents are right now in India. They have mentioned in the email to write back to them if we are unable to send it to Ottawa that they will provide alternate address for submission.

Yanina

Feb 26, 2017
Hi. Pls help.. what to write exactly in the envelope to be send to CPC.. heres the address that they gave. Im just confused.

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier address:
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Missjssauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
I sponsored my parents in 2015 I checked the Ecas today and it shows 'decision made' but myCIC still shows no updTe . Is it normal how long so I need to wait for ppr email.

Does the ppr request will come via email or regular mail. When We got request for their medical and pcc we got email.

Can somebody please reply to my question

Thankyou

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
futurecitizen said:
I sponsored my parents in 2015 I checked the Ecas today and it shows 'decision made' but myCIC still shows no updTe . Is it normal how long so I need to wait for ppr email.

Does the ppr request will come via email or regular mail. When We got request for their medical and pcc we got email.

Can somebody please reply to my question

Thankyou

Congrats....usually the PPR comes thru email. Kindly post your timeline too thanks.

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
futurecitizen said:
How long is the wait for the PPR once the decision is made
It depends on your LVO. But it won't take long...

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Thanks, my tiime is as follows

Applied: Jan 2015
Started processing : July 2016
Medical, PCC and landing fees: December 2016
Submitted PCC landing fees: December 2016
Decision Made: April 2017

Also, I had couple of question:

Since we applied for both parents but my father who is principal applicant received the PPR email that means both (my father and mom) will send their passports to high commissioning for issuance of visa.
When they do landing can they give different address to the CBSA officer for their PR card rather than our canadian address mentioned in their file. would that make any difference

hope to hear from other members

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
futurecitizen said:
Since we applied for both parents but my father who is principal applicant received the PPR email that means both (my father and mom) will send their passports to high commissioning for issuance of visa.
Yes, they both should.

When they do landing can they give different address to the CBSA officer for their PR card rather than our canadian address mentioned in their file. would that make any difference
No, it won't. But in case they ask, have an explanation ready.

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Thanks Rossei for the answers. do you recommend changing my address in "Address Notification Services" or leave my address as is then my parents can give the new address on the time of landing. they are not good in speaking english.

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
mysore said:
Received the email in the middle of the night yesterday! They have requested passport submission to Ottawa. However, my parents are right now in India. They have mentioned in the email to write back to them if we are unable to send it to Ottawa that they will provide alternate address for submission.
Hi all,

Received today confirmation for submitting passports for visa stamping in India. I wrote to CIC on April 5th and got a response today with a 30 day timeline to submit the passports.