+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sylvia27 said:
Did you receive any email that a decision was made or just Passport request? Do you remember when the Decision Made appeared on the status? before the email, same time or after receiving it?
Thanks.
For my in-laws, the status changed to Decision Made on the same day they received the PPR email. In my case, Decision Made appeared a day after receiving PPR email.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
hbestluck said:
For my in-laws, the status changed to Decision Made on the same day they received the PPR email. In my case, Decision Made appeared a day after receiving PPR email.
Congratulations!
I have get my parents medical done in august and still they haven't started background check.
How long it takes after starting background check?

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punchshp said:
Congratulations!
I have get my parents medical done in august and still they haven't started background check.
Thanks
How do you know the background check hasn't been started yet? I wouldn't rely on MyCIC Account for that! My understanding from GCMS note is that the initial background check starts as early as they open up your application for sponsorship approval and continues until Decision Made. I don't think the background check starts with CIC asking for the police certificate. Did I answer your question?

xelatoille

Jan 27, 2016
jeffporfirio1 said:
M apologies for re-posting.
Is anyone here from Mexico VO?
If so, can you share what was the timeline from when application was transferred to the Mexico VO to request of PCC or Medicals?
Thanks
Just wanted to update you. My parents just got the email today requesting medical exams to be done within 30 days. We applied in Jan 2015, got SA in May 2016 and process started in Sept 2016.
They are currently visiting and planned to stay until June at least so I was wondering if you or anybody knew if they could do their exams here. I know this question has been asked many times before but I need to go through every post.

Any other news from Mexico visa office I will keep you updated.

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
hbestluck said:
No, details are the same, but my status has now changed to "Decision Made". In our case, we've never received any update beyond "medical received/passed".
I see. Thank you!

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Rossei said:
I don't think it has anything to do with a lawyer. I filled out all application forms myself for my mom and she got it in 20 months. There are more like me in this forum. Luck plays some role here and rest depends on CPC-M and specific LVO (some LVO seem lot faster in processing PGP cases than others).

Besides, $5000 for PGP application is a lot. Have some peace of mind that you didn't have to spend that much.
You are right about "Having peace of mind for not spending $5000." It will happen soon. I hope not too late they are getting old.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Guys just a quick update.....

Finally things start looking positive again...

Shampy2009 File 1- Dependent was rejected as he turns 3 months over 19 Years Age (I thought it is counted as 19 years.. however new rule says less than 19 is considered to be dependent..Didn't find the old application Guide, newer guide have the less than 19 years old considered as Dependent only), however they requested parents passport, and until last tracking text message via VFS Global, Passport are already sent back to recipient..(I hope they are stamped with VISA).. hopefully will get in a day or two... Updating... Wife Parents got there passport back within 2 business days after sending and they got there VISA.. they should fly back here before Mid July....

Shampy2009 File 2- Online shows Decision Made this morning... I hope by next week they will ask for the passports.. Received Passport request yesterday from Ottawa office...Sending Passport next week to Delhi

Shampy File 1- Medical/PCC/RPF Sep- Passport Request Feb 28th
Shampy File 2- Medical/PCC/RPF Oct-Decision Made-Waiting for Passport requestsPassport request received

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
hbestluck said:
Thanks
How do you know the background check hasn't been started yet? I wouldn't rely on MyCIC Account for that! My understanding from GCMS note is that the initial background check starts as early as they open up your application for sponsorship approval and continues until Decision Made. I don't think the background check starts with CIC asking for the police certificate. Did I answer your question?
Thanks for your reply. I guess there should be Background check done before PPR, and if it is still says that BC is not started yet in status I can not expect PPR.
Thank you again and wish you all the good luck.

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
punchshp said:
Congratulations!
I am in the same boat as you punchshp in regards to timelines. However, I reached out to my MPPs office in Ottawa and they called and spoke to an agent in the department (this is the second time they are calling- once in November when I got the stock reply that the processing has not yet started) and they heard that an officer was assigned to my file on Feb 14th with the indication that they are going through the last of the 2014 cases and may take up the 2015 cases soon. My parent's medicals are valid till July 31....

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
Mine has the same timeline. Good to hear that it may move forward...

mysore said:
I am in the same boat as you punchshp in regards to timelines. However, I reached out to my MPPs office in Ottawa and they called and spoke to an agent in the department (this is the second time they are calling- once in November when I got the stock reply that the processing has not yet started) and they heard that an officer was assigned to my file on Feb 14th with the indication that they are going through the last of the 2014 cases and may take up the 2015 cases soon. My parent's medicals are valid till July 31....

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
UPDATE:

Finally got PPR today (AH). Status changed to DM online. Two questions now:

- They have included an updated Information chart in the letter to be filled which asks for principal applicant, spouse and children's name, DOB, passport#, height, eye color and native language. I'm confused if this is only to be filled for those who are accompanying the principal applicant or anyone in the family who are already here. It does not specify anywhere in the letter. My mom is coming alone.

- Interestingly they have asked us to submit passport either at Islamabad VO or Ottawa, depending where my mom is residing currently. Which is very convenient I must say. But my mom is in Pakistan right now and is flying back here next week on her super visa. My first thought was we'll just let her come here and then submit passport to Ottawa. But my concern is if she'll have any issues on entering on supervisa when she already has a passport request for PR. Any thoughts on this situation?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aj_10 said:
UPDATE:

Finally got PPR today (AH). Status changed to DM online. Two questions now:
Congrats!

- They have included an updated Information chart in the letter to be filled which asks for principal applicant, spouse and children's name, DOB, passport#, height, eye color and native language. I'm confused if this is only to be filled for those who are accompanying the principal applicant or anyone in the family who are already here. It does not specify anywhere in the letter. My mom is coming alone.
That chart, otherwise known as Appendix B, is used by CIC for printing Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR). The principal applicant HAS TO fill out 'Applicant' column. If there are accompanying family members who will be coming as PR needs to fill out specific columns on the chart.

- Interestingly they have asked us to submit passport either at Islamabad VO or Ottawa, depending where my mom is residing currently. Which is very convenient I must say. But my mom is in Pakistan right now and is flying back here next week on her super visa. My first thought was we'll just let her come here and then submit passport to Ottawa. But my concern is if she'll have any issues on entering on supervisa when she already has a passport request for PR. Any thoughts on this situation?
She shouldn't have any problem coming here on Super Visa. But then she has to send PP to Ottawa and cross border (or make an appointment with CIC to land inside Canada which takes months) to become PR. If you can manage to change the ticket, it seems more convenient to land when she flies here. Well, it's up to you now.

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked my MyCIC Account this morning (March13) and noticed that they have updated (after two weeks from PPR) the status and all other fields:

Application status.......................A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility....................Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results............You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents....Not applicable.
Interview..................................Not applicable.
Background check......................Your background check was completed.
Final decision............................Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

hbestluck said:
We've already got PPR and here is what "mycic account" says:

Application status........We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility......We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results.....You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents.....Not applicable.
Interview....You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check.........We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision..........Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I mentioned in my previous post that CIC Application Status (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp) is more accurate and up-to-date than mycic account.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Rossei said:
Congrats!
That chart, otherwise known as Appendix B, is used by CIC for printing Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR). The principal applicant HAS TO fill out 'Applicant' column. If there are accompanying family members who will be coming as PR needs to fill out specific columns on the chart.
She shouldn't have any problem coming here on Super Visa. But then she has to send PP to Ottawa and cross border (or make an appointment with CIC to land inside Canada which takes months) to become PR. If you can manage to change the ticket, it seems more convenient to land when she flies here. Well, it's up to you now.

Thanks Rossei,
Just to be clear, there are no accompanying family members. My mom is the principal applicant and both her kids (myself and my sister) are already residents of Canada. In that case should I only fill out her information on Appendix B?

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aj_10 said:
Thanks Rossei,
Just to be clear, there are no accompanying family members. My mom is the principal applicant and both her kids (myself and my sister) are already residents of Canada. In that case should I only fill out her information on Appendix B?
Yes, only those whose names are on the application. In your case, only your mom.