+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

SPVG

Dec 7, 2014
SPVG said:
My status is the same except for the "A background check is needed" it says "Not needed at this time". I am the spouse of the applicant and my son is sponsoring us. Our final medical result was submitted about 2 weeks ago. Usually the Singapore VO is quite fast but they seem to be a little slow this time. Anyway we just have to be patient.
Regards.
My wife received PPR for her and me yesterday (06 Feb) from Singapore VO. We just went to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Kuala Lumpur and submitted our passports and photographs for dispatch to Singapore. Will update when we get back our passports.
Regards

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SPVG said:
My wife received PPR for her and me yesterday (06 Feb) from Singapore VO. We just went to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Kuala Lumpur and submitted our passports and photographs for dispatch to Singapore. Will update when we get back our passports.
Regards
Congrats!

With your PPR, you complete the batch of 6 people from 2015 thread whose file were transferred to SVO. Apparently, you were the last one to receive PPR from SVO.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Urgent Question. Rossie and others please guide.
We received request from London Visa office as follows:
Pasting relevant info from the letter: "Provide a full set of fingerprints taken and certified by your local police. Fingerprints taken by private or commercial agencies are not acceptable. The fingerprints must be submitted to the RCMP electronically. Please note it is not currently possible to submit fingerprints electronically from outside of Canada. Therefore, you must contact an accredited company within Canada who will digitize ink fingerprints and submit them electronically to the RCMP. Please refer to http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks for full instructions as well as a list of accredited companies.
Once a full set of fingerprints has been obtained, please contact the accredited company or refer to their website for instructions on submitting your fingerprints for processing. Once completed, the results will be returned to you by regular mail. In turn, please mail them to us within 30 days. Please also return a copy of this correspondence with your items/documentation
".

Applicants are living in Pakistan. I don't know if local police over there will be able to take finger prints and certify them. We will inquire about that locally. In the meantime, if anyone has done this before from Pakistan or similar country, can you please guide me.

I am interpreting their request letter as follows. Pls someone confirm my understanding is correct just so I am sure.
Step 1: Go to local police station, they take fingerprints and certify by stamp and signature they are truly your fingerprints.
Step 2: Mail them to accredited company in Canada, they will electronically submit to RCMP.
Step 3: Accredited company will obtain the results from RCMP and send back the results to requester or applicant.
Step 4: Applicant sends those results to London visa office.

Does anyone know any efficient and cost-effective accredited company in Toronto to complete RCMP fingerprinting.

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
CPA2CANADA said:
guys...got the passport request Jan 26 for my mother....

We sent the passport to Ottawa yesterday. Based on history, how long will it take for my mom's passport to be returned with a visa?

Thanks.
My Parents passport was received at Ottawa on 31st January and still waiting to get it back.
Someone told me it will take 2 weeks to get it back. so I will post in this forum once I will receive it from Ottawa.

Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Ibaadat said:
Urgent Question. Rossie and others please guide.
We received request from London Visa office as follows:
Pasting relevant info from the letter: "Provide a full set of fingerprints taken and certified by your local police. Fingerprints taken by private or commercial agencies are not acceptable. The fingerprints must be submitted to the RCMP electronically. Please note it is not currently possible to submit fingerprints electronically from outside of Canada. Therefore, you must contact an accredited company within Canada who will digitize ink fingerprints and submit them electronically to the RCMP. Please refer to http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks for full instructions as well as a list of accredited companies.
Once a full set of fingerprints has been obtained, please contact the accredited company or refer to their website for instructions on submitting your fingerprints for processing. Once completed, the results will be returned to you by regular mail. In turn, please mail them to us within 30 days. Please also return a copy of this correspondence with your items/documentation
".

Applicants are living in Pakistan. I don't know if local police over there will be able to take finger prints and certify them. We will inquire about that locally. In the meantime, if anyone has done this before from Pakistan or similar country, can you please guide me.

I am interpreting their request letter as follows. Pls someone confirm my understanding is correct just so I am sure.
Step 1: Go to local police station, they take fingerprints and certify by stamp and signature they are truly your fingerprints.
Step 2: Mail them to accredited company in Canada, they will electronically submit to RCMP.
Step 3: Accredited company will obtain the results from RCMP and send back the results to requester or applicant.
Step 4: Applicant sends those results to London visa office.

Does anyone know any efficient and cost-effective accredited company in Toronto to complete RCMP fingerprinting.
You got the steps right. Since CIC asks for fingerprints, I'm assuming that your parents stayed in Canada for at least 6 months in past.

Furthermore, you're worrying without knowing that fact that Pakistan Police can do fingerprints. At least the major cities (Karachi, Islamabad etc.) have this service. I think it's better to do 2 sets of prints at the same time as you will only know which one comes out right once you submit them to the fingerprinting companies/RCMP. Read this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pakistanis-where-to-get-proper-fingerprints-done-in-pakistan-for-fbi-use-t292477.0.html

RCMP website has the list of accredited fingerprint company list here: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check#ac. Contact few of them and ask what they charge, shouldn't be much different. And it doesn't have to be Toronto-based. You mail them the fingerprints and they mail you back with checks.

SKK18

Jul 2, 2014
Hi guys,

My mother and DS brother applied in jan. 2015 , medical request received on May 2016...I recently checked the status is saying "medical results has been received" I'm getting really frustrated as there is nothing more than this ..... they asked twice for medical results and then bunch of new forms which i sent to wrong address to Delhi instead of Ottawa . I emailed them that it will be delayed but, eventually we sent those documents to Ottawa. looking at other applications progress I believe we are really delayed.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
I would like to request information on my parent's sponsorship application. My parents did their initial medicals but my father has been sent for further medical tests.

If I want to get all the notes on my parent's file including notes on the medicals which selections do I need to make on the online ATIP request....

Privacy Act or Access to Information Act?

Which type of records do you wish to request:
Do I select Case File or Corporate Records?

What type of record would you like to request:
Do I select PR, Family Class Sponsorship or Medical?

Which specific information are you looking for:
Do I select The electronic notes of the CIC officer or The application, supporting documents and correspondence sent to/received from CIC?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Hi guys, I've been trying to link the application and no luck yet. Earlier I submitted a form "Use of a representative". Does it have anything to do with it?

sameer76

Dec 22, 2014
SKK18 said:
Hi guys,

My mother and DS brother applied in jan. 2015 , medical request received on May 2016...I recently checked the status is saying "medical results has been received" I'm getting really frustrated as there is nothing more than this ..... they asked twice for medical results and then bunch of new forms which i sent to wrong address to Delhi instead of Ottawa . I emailed them that it will be delayed but, eventually we sent those documents to Ottawa. looking at other applications progress I believe we are really delayed.
My Parents received the Medical in August. My dad had to go for a retest in Dec. and the status has since then been "medical results has been received". However 2 days ago we got an email saying that the RPRF fee has not been paid yet and that we need to pay it within the next 30 days....

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
I see that you got first RRPF email in August...did not you pay it then (and sent receipt to the cost recovery email) or not? Just trying to access if CIC forgot to update info on your file?

And since your dad was asked to go for additional medical tests, I guess the medical status has never turned to "Passed" in MyCiC ? (ecas would not show passed or not...it keeps showing "medical results has been received")

sameer76 said:
My Parents received the Medical in August. My dad had to go for a retest in Dec. and the status has since then been "medical results has been received". However 2 days ago we got an email saying that the RPRF fee has not been paid yet and that we need to pay it within the next 30 days....

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed CPC-Ottawa about the progress on my case and this the response I got ???

--------------

Dear <applicant>,

Your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

godsangel

Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply nush781 ... our visa office is new delhi .... just waiting to hear something positive from them ... still waiting to hear from someone who is in the same situation as us.. i mean someone who has had bypass surgery ... how serious do they consider this issue ... hope everything goes well in your case too .

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
I send my parents passport two weeks before and it's still not came back.
Normally how long it will take to get the passport back from Ottawa.
My Parents LVO is New Delhi and we send passport to Ottawa
Please Advise
Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maulikpatel35 said:
I send my parents passport two weeks before and it's still not came back.
Normally how long it will take to get the passport back from Ottawa.
My Parents LVO is New Delhi and we send passport to Ottawa
Please Advise
Thanks.
I perhaps told you before. Ottawa takes minimum 2 weeks to process the passport which means 2 weeks from the day they received the passport to the day they finish stamping+issuing CoPR. They would perhaps send you back the passport on 14th or 15th day. Add 2-4 days for CanadaPost shipping.