+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Rossei said:
I perhaps told you before. Ottawa takes minimum 2 weeks to process the passport which means 2 weeks from the day they received the passport to the day they finish stamping+issuing CoPR. They would perhaps send you back the passport on 14th or 15th day. Add 2-4 days for CanadaPost shipping.
So are they using our envelop or did they send it under new envelop as I send them prepaid Canada post envelop.

Thanks.

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my father application for sponsorship in Jan 2015 and I was requested by CIC in April 2016 to submit print out C from CRA that I did and after that I did't receive any communication from CIC.Any one else in the same situation like me?
Any suggestion guys what should I do?

My local office is New Delhi and my father is here in Canada living with me in visitor visa.

Thanks

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jez.s009 said:
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my father application for sponsorship in Jan 2015 and I was requested by CIC in April 2016 to submit print out C from CRA that I did and after that I did't receive any communication from CIC.Any one else in the same situation like me?

My local office is New Delhi and my father is here in Canada living with me in visitor visa.

Thanks
Did you get request from delhi or missiuga office to submit option c form

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jez.s009 said:
Hi,

I received request from Mississsuga office.Will it make any difference?

Thx
Not sure why you say your local office is delhi. It could go to ottawa too. So ur file awaits SA. U can order gmcs notes to check for delay

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
jez.s009 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
I suggest that you contact cic call-centre, explain your situation and ask if you missed any communication from them. That's what I did when I submitted the requested printout C and was waiting for SA.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
jez.s009 said:
Hi Everyone,

I would call CIC, go to your MP and request status through them (ask them to call MP line for you), and also order GCMS notes immediately.

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Thanks all for the valuable advise.
I order GCMS notes and surely will call CIC to check for delays.

Pearlin:How much time CIC took for you to approve as sponsor after submission of printout C?

pearlin said:
I suggest that you contact cic call-centre, explain your situation and ask if you missed any communication from them. That's what I did when I submitted the requested printout C and was waiting for SA.
jhutti said:
Not sure why you say your local office is delhi. It could go to ottawa too. So ur file awaits SA. U can order gmcs notes to check for delay
Ibaadat said:
I would call CIC, go to your MP and request status through them (ask them to call MP line for you), and also order GCMS notes immediately.

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
jez.s009 said:
Thanks all for the valuable advise.
I order GCMS notes and surely will call CIC to check for delays.

Pearlin:How much time CIC took for you to approve as sponsor after submission of printout C?
About 2 months. But the thing is one of the agents told me that they started working on the SA letter and did not finish it. He said he would follow up on that and a few days later I got SA email. Maybe your situation is similar. They started and for whatever reason did not finish it...

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Thanks pearlin.

pearlin said:
About 2 months. But the thing is one of the agents told me that they started working on the SA letter and did not finish it. He said he would follow up on that and a few days later I got SA email. Maybe your situation is similar. They started and for whatever reason did not finish it...

xelatoille

Jan 27, 2016
Is there anyone here having their application processed throught the visa office in Mexico?
We got SA in May 2016 and they notified us that the application had reached the office but no further notifications. When I check the status it says In Process ( Started in September) but no news, medical requests, nothing. Very discouraging since most people here are already done or during their final steps.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xelatoille said:
Is there anyone here having their application processed throught the visa office in Mexico?
We got SA in May 2016 and they notified us that the application had reached the office but no further notifications. When I check the status it says In Process ( Started in September) but no news, medical requests, nothing. Very discouraging since most people here are already done or during their final steps.
I posted the same question in the 2016 PGO thread.
Application was just transferred to Mexico LVO, and would lie to know timeline from there.