+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

godsangel

Jul 21, 2013
hey guys Happy Diwali to all ...
What could be the best way to send docs by mail to NDVO . they have to be sent from India ... can we courier them or registered post ???

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
My parent has occasional high blood pressure. she does not take any regular medication for that. In the exam, they noted her BP was high and asked to do ECG from a place of their recommendation. She will be going for ECG tomorrow for the first time. Does anyone have any tips to ensure ECG comes out okay? I do not know anything about it and am really worried.

If anyone else's parents had to do it and can kindly share about it, that would be appreciated.

dimp

Jun 10, 2016
godsangel said:
hey guys Happy Diwali to all ...
What could be the best way to send docs by mail to NDVO . they have to be sent from India ... can we courier them or registered post ???
Hi Happy Diwali to you as well. I used courier service

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Ibaadat said:
My parent has occasional high blood pressure. she does not take any regular medication for that. In the exam, they noted her BP was high and asked to do ECG from a place of their recommendation. She will be going for ECG tomorrow for the first time. Does anyone have any tips to ensure ECG comes out okay? I do not know anything about it and am really worried.

If anyone else's parents had to do it and can kindly share about it, that would be appreciated.
First of all, I'm not a doctor, but my wife is and hence I know little bit about it.

An ECG measures the electrical activity of your heart to show whether or not it is working normally. It can be done at rest or through exercise (on a treadmill or cycle). If someone never does any sort of exercise, it may spike in the resulting graph. Normally, it's pretty accurate and the doctor will try to find any abnormality with the heart.

So, you shouldn't eat heavy or exercise before the test. Avoid anything before the test that may stress the heart due to high blood flow needed in the body. Can't say anymore due to my poor knowledge.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
Congratulations on everybody received any news.
I wonder what's happened with my mom application.
I haven't heard anything from CIC.I sent them the option C requested and called to confirm that they received it on time(which they did) and that's it.
That was end of April.Anyone in the same position?

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Rossei said:
First of all, I'm not a doctor, but my wife is and hence I know little bit about it.

An ECG measures the electrical activity of your heart to show whether or not it is working normally. It can be done at rest or through exercise (on a treadmill or cycle). If someone never does any sort of exercise, it may spike in the resulting graph. Normally, it's pretty accurate and the doctor will try to find any abnormality with the heart.

So, you shouldn't eat heavy or exercise before the test. Avoid anything before the test that may stress the heart due to high blood flow needed in the body. Can't say anymore due to my poor knowledge.
My father was sent for an ECG as well only because his medical records indicate a stent that was put in back in 2007. His blood pressure is controlled by medication. He was referred to a nephrologist due to elevated creatine levels. Again, this is something that he already takes medication for and is being monitored by a nephrologist. So far my dad was asked to go for the following extra tests: Ultrasound for kidney, urine culture test, ECG and even a memory test for dementia.
There is not much you can do but simply comply with their requests for all these tests. My dad is 75 and doubt most people at that age have nothing wrong with them. Now its a waiting game on whether the medical reports are acceptable.

I am concerned about my dad passing his medicals but can only hope.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
nush78l said:
I am concerned about my dad passing his medicals but can only hope.
Thank you for the info. May he passes his med tests and all others too who are waiting. Please keep us informed. Best of luck!

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Rossei said:
Thank you brother for the info. & God bless!

harvey1687

Jan 23, 2015
Hello All,

I need HELP!! :( :(

I just got ATIP notes today and found out an email was send by NDVO on August 2nd, 2016 requesting additional document and was to submit requested documents within 60 days. That email was either never received or was accidentally deleted.

How can I request them to resend me the email and who should I contact. Please provide contact email or phone. Who should contact them, applicant or sponsor?

Thanks in advise,

Hardik

shubro

May 6, 2012
shubro said:
Hello,

I am planning to apply for family sponsorship in 2016 and I have a noob question. Back home I have only my mother, father and sister residing. If I am understanding correctly I can not apply just for my mother and sister leaving my father back home. My father is a senior person and sort of not willing to leave the home land. Can someone please confirm?

Much appreciate your time and feedback.

Sincerely
My family situation got little complicated and I am a bit lost and need your expertise help :(

So my mom only decided to come to Canada leaving my sister and dad back home.

I understand that in application all 3 need to apply as well as have to go through the medical regardless which is fine. My concern is if this would raise any red flag to the application and assuming if everything goes well and 5-6 years down the road if dad decides to come to Canada would I be able to apply for dad only.

I know this is not average situation and kinda very tricky but thought maybe worth checking here, maybe just maybe someone went through similar situation.

Much appreciate your time and help.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

We received recently an email from Ottawa office asking the Principal applicant to show the Parentage. The letter asked the applicant ( my father) to provide the Parentage between him and the Sponsor.

They asked to provide - Cancelled Indian passport or School records showing Parentage.

Medicals and PCC were received in Sept 2016 but in Oct end - they asked for this information.

We immediately submitted the requested information.

Surprised - why they are asking the Parentage NOW rather than during initial processing? Anybody else in the same boat ?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi Friends,

We received recently an email from Ottawa office asking the Principal applicant to show the Parentage. The letter asked the applicant ( my father) to provide the Parentage between him and the Sponsor.

They asked to provide - Cancelled Indian passport or School records showing Parentage.

Medicals and PCC were received in Sept 2016 but in Oct end - they asked for this information.

We immediately submitted the requested information.

Surprised - why they are asking the Parentage NOW rather than during initial processing? Anybody else in the same boat ?
Did you provide them with the authenticated proof of parentage such as verifiable birth certificate when you first submit the sponsorship? If you have provided what they asked for, hopefully they will process quickly.