+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
ae427924 said:
I have requested an extension via CPC Ottawa, How do I know if my request is approved or not? Will they communicate with an approval or rejection confirmation?
I requested for an extension to the PCC submission deadline from LVO in Colombo, Sri Lanka. No response either. Another post suggests that sometimes they don't respond at all or they respond after about 2-3 weeks.

Very frustrating. Might be dependent on the officer handling the file.

sammy1012

Jul 20, 2016
Yes, I had submitted IMM5669 when applied with history and addresses for last 10 years but they asked to send since age of 18.
Imagine parents history and address for last 40 years ??? ???

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sammy1012 said:
Yes, I had submitted IMM5669 when applied with history and addresses for last 10 years but they asked to send since age of 18.
Imagine parents history and address for last 40 years ??? ???
Well, I had to do it for my mom as well without any of her help. 39 years of past history and addresses. You don't have to be bang on, try to match the timeline and places of everything else (work history, education history, travel history etc.) with Personal History and Addresses.

For example, you can't say your mom was studying in a college in city X in 1965 while her address was in city Y for the same year. :eek:

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello Friends,

My file also is in hanging around with NVDO. I am in the same boat as other where we I provided the Fee, Medical, Schedule - Background Info and Travel History. I was never confirmed receipt of the document. Recently Review of submitted documents changed to blank. Any guesses how to read this change.?? Does this by anychance mean they have received the documents and are updating the file.. ?

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Salil

sammy1012

Jul 20, 2016
Rossei said:
Well, I had to do it for my mom as well without any of her help. 39 years of past history and addresses. You don't have to be bang on, try to match the timeline and places of everything else (work history, education history, travel history etc.) with Personal History and Addresses.

For example, you can't say your mom was studying in a college in city X in 1965 while her address was in city Y for the same year. :eek:

Great Thanks, Did you scanned form and reply to same e-mail DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca or send them via post ?

dimp

Jun 10, 2016
Hi Guys,

I need help I applied couple days before to IRCC to check the information and I receive this email today

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

· The consent of XXX is required to process your request and allow us to release your spouse’s information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, contain the printed name of the person giving consent and identifies you as the designated individual. Please ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and has the signature date and date of birth.

You can find the new ATIP consent form at the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.

Anyone fill this linked form. I have to get signatures from all. Like my mom is in India I have to send form there to get her signature. Please advise

Thanks

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
dimp said:
Hi Guys,

I need help I applied couple days before to IRCC to check the information and I receive this email today

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

· The consent of XXX is required to process your request and allow us to release your spouse’s information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, contain the printed name of the person giving consent and identifies you as the designated individual. Please ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and has the signature date and date of birth.

You can find the new ATIP consent form at the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.

Anyone fill this linked form. I have to get signatures from all. Like my mom is in India I have to send form there to get her signature. Please advise

Thanks
You better write CIC and ask again. The email is about your "spouse's information" while you are sponsoring your mom. Looks like there was a mistake on their side.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sammy1012 said:
Great Thanks, Did you scanned form and reply to same e-mail DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca or send them via post ?
My LVO is Singapore-VO, not NDVO.

Anyway, I was asked to mail everything back to SVO and so I did (via UPS).

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Rossei said:

A person can live in one city and study/work in another. Some countries, people have to commute to a big city for work/studies. That's the case with my father. He commuted to work for the first few years before he moved, so the addresses don't necessarily have to match up.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nush78l said:
A person can live in one city and study/work in another. Some countries, people have to commute to a big city for work/studies. That's the case with my father. He commuted to work for the first few years before he moved, so the addresses don't necessarily have to match up.
By city X and city Y, I meant Toronto and Vancouver. :D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I found a CIC research article re: elderly immigrants' income. This might be informative for those who are searching for any govt. benefits/allowances that their new immigrant parents are eligible for. In a nutshell, you aren't eligible for anything till you live in Canada as a PR for at least 10 years (although the undertaking is for 20 years).

Here is the link:

Elderly immigrants in Canada: Income sources and self-sufficiency

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
I didn't add my email address in my sponsorship application. is there a way to add it now so that I can receive future communication via email instead of by snail mail?