Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Got requests for medical & PCC for my parents yesterday, but still can not link my account.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
sameer76 said:
Hi

My parents in India got a letter from CPC- Ottawa with the following request:

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from India. "

1) They had visited (Not resided) USA on multiple occasions (but never for a 6 month period at one stretch). I am wondering if they need to request police clearance from USA as well? or just the Indian police clearance certificate will suffice.
2) Has anyone submitted a scanned certificate from India or it has to be a original certificate sent via letter mail ?

Thanks for your time and help.!
Hi sameer76,

If your parents are on visitor visa they couldn't have stayed for more than 6 months at a stretch. If they haven't stayed more than or 6 months at a stretch you don't need to provide police clearance from USA. You need to provide police clearance from all the addresses you have mentioned in IMM5669 (background declaration) section 12. I hope it helps.

ss85

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Thanks Rossei.

We will call CIC to find this out. I will wait for other members to respond.

I have the following questions for Sponsors who has both Mom and DAD

1. When you receive request for PCC - did you receive it for both Mom and Dad ( per Rossei - both parents should get PCC)
2. Did they ever ask PCC for Sponsor - by any chance.

Sorry for being repetitive with questions....
Friends - Please let us know if any of you who received Medicals /PCC - did they ask Sponsor to provide PCC? We are going to contact CIC but just wanted to check with other members if this happened.fro

In my opinion - there should not be any PCC request for Sponsor ( that too from the country which we left long back).

Surprisingly - there is no PCC request for my Mom. They might have included the Sponsor in place of dependent in the request.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Friends - Please let us know if any of you who received Medicals /PCC - did they ask Sponsor to provide PCC? We are going to contact CIC but just wanted to check with other members if this happened.fro

In my opinion - there should not be any PCC request for Sponsor ( that too from the country which we left long back).

Surprisingly - there is no PCC request for my Mom. They might have included the Sponsor in place of dependent in the request.

Sponsor creminal record should be clean when he sponsored someone. This is basic reqd. Our canada stay record is with rcmp which cic get online. So they never ask us. Our previous stay record cic gather when we become or apply for PR In ur case did cic not get sponsor PCC record when he become PR?

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
I have a question. I friend's spouse who recently arrived as a PR is now thinking about sponsoring their parents, grandparents and maybe other family members. I know they can't sponsor anyone for the first 5 years after they "Land" are there any other restrictions they need to be aware of. I thought I read someplace that a PR can sponsor parents/grandparents but not other family member if they already have family here, like a spouse or a child but I am not sure if I actually read this. Also knowing that a PR has to wait 5 years to sponsor anyone can they start their 3 years of wages to show they have enough income before that 5 years is up or can that 3 years be a part of the overall 5 years? thanks so much

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhutti said:
Sponsor creminal record should be clean when he sponsored someone. This is basic reqd. Our canada stay record is with rcmp which cic get online. So they never ask us. Our previous stay record cic gather when we become or apply for PR In ur case did cic not get sponsor PCC record when he become PR?
Hi Jhutti,

All your points are perfectly right. We were also thinking in the similar lines. They did get the PCC record when he became PR. I believe it is in error they included Sponsor in the PCC request instead of Dependent.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CMLR said:
I have a question. I friend's spouse who recently arrived as a PR is now thinking about sponsoring their parents, grandparents and maybe other family members. I know they can't sponsor anyone for the first 5 years after they "Land" are there any other restrictions they need to be aware of. I thought I read someplace that a PR can sponsor parents/grandparents but not other family member if they already have family here, like a spouse or a child but I am not sure if I actually read this. Also knowing that a PR has to wait 5 years to sponsor anyone can they start their 3 years of wages to show they have enough income before that 5 years is up or can that 3 years be a part of the overall 5 years? thanks so much
Please go through the instruction guide for sponsoring the Parents and Grandparents. I don't know any rule of 5 years - no sponsorship. As long as you fulfill the Minimum Income level for sponsorship for the last 3 years ( with CRA records - not with other sources or from any other countries ), you are good to go. They need last 3 years Notice of assessments from CRA ( which can only happen if you stay and earn income here) for income assessment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-apply-who.asp

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Has anyone filled up IMM5669 (Schedule A: Background / Declaration) form recently for LVO?

What do you write in the last column of 8. Personal History if you have an activity like Travelling or Housewife/Retired? The last column is for Name of company, employer, school, facility, as appropriate

Activity Name of company, employer, school, facility, as appropriate
Housewife Home Address or Not Applicable or something else?
Travelling Hotel Address or Not Applicable or something else?

PS: I previously wrote "Not Applicable" for such instances during the original application submission. My mom's LVO-Singapore asked for an updated IMM5669 with history since age 18 (not for last 10 years). It's close to impossible to write down all the hotel addresses she stayed over last 30 years on multiple trips outside her home country.

I will appreciate any suggestion. Thanks.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Has anyone filled up IMM5669 (Schedule A: Background / Declaration) form recently for LVO?

What do you write in the last column of 8. Personal History if you have an activity like Travelling or Housewife/Retired? The last column is for Name of company, employer, school, facility, as appropriate

PS: I previously wrote "Not Applicable" for such instances during the original application submission. My mom's LVO-Singapore asked for an updated IMM5669 with history since age 18 (not for last 10 years). It's close to impossible to write down all the hotel addresses she stayed over last 30 years on multiple trips outside her home country.

I would write N/A in that column. However, you will have to write city and country name in different column. I think you don't need to write exact address anywhere in that section.

SweetSonya

Jul 30, 2016
I have sent as Housewife along with her permanent home address

Rossei said:

kh31017

Jan 12, 2016
My mom has a supervisa but when she came , she was given only 6 month stay which is going to expire in Nov . Has anybody tried extending their stay ? How long before the expiry can you apply for extension ?

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
kh31017 said:
My mom has a supervisa but when she came , she was given only 6 month stay which is going to expire in Nov . Has anybody tried extending their stay ? How long before the expiry can you apply for extension ?
We extended my mom's stay twice. We submitted the application online about a month before the expired date. For us, it took a few weeks to get approval. But even if you are still waiting for decision passed the expired date, it's ok. once you submit the application, your mom can stay until CIC's decision has made.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:

Hi Rossei,

We filled both activities of Housewife as well as Travelling.

For housewife - we just gave home address and all others - Not Applicable
For travelling - we wrote the period, activity as "Visiting family members" with exact dates in bracket, city and town where she stayed and status. the next column is N/A for School/company etc.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update on my earlier question regarding PCC for Sponsor:

WE sent email to CIC Ottawa asking whether they have requested PCC for Sponsor by mistake.

We received email back from them saying that they mistakenly sent Sponsor in place of dependent.

So - we are so relieved to receive this reply.

We are currently working on getting PCC for my parents as well as Medicals.

This is for the benefit of our forum members.

Thanks to all who responded to my questions.