Sponsoring Parents in 2015

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
^^Thanks, there's a number on the PCC itself, but it has a backslash (/), and they don't accept the number with any special characters. So I will put in the application number instead. As for the validity, I'm going to put 1 year from the date of issue based on this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued.

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

ha08

Dec 2, 2015
MrNobody said:
^^Thanks, there's a number on the PCC itself, but it has a backslash (/), and they don't accept the number with any special characters. So I will put in the application number instead. As for the validity, I'm going to put 1 year from the date of issue based on this:
great! thanks, I will do the same thing then.

cic2015

Dec 29, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
I sent our PCC to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and they have confirmed that they received it.

I believe you received PCC request email from the same email address. Just reply that email and attached PCC.
Hi scorpion_ca, how long did it take for you to get PCC received confirmation. Did they reply by email? Thanks

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

We applied for our parents Sponsorship and sent the application on January 2nd 2015. We checked the status recently and it shows that they started processing the application from July 13th, 2016.

And on Aug 11th, we received email asking to submit Police Clearance certificate for both Primary applicant ( my father) and Sponsor - They requested Police clearance certificate FROM INDIA.

In addition - my dad and mom - received emails requesting Medicals also.

Medical part can be taken care easily and also PCC for my dad.

The question i have is - Sponsor ( my brother) police clearance certificate from India. He is in Canada for the last 18 years.

Do we need to get the Police Clearance certificate for him from India through Indian Consulate ( ie through BLS Canada) in Toronto?

Did anybody is in the same situation. Appreciate all your responses as the request is Time sensitive and your advise will help us quickly.

All communication is from CPC - Ottawa.

sameer76

Dec 22, 2014
Hi

My parents in India got a letter from CPC- Ottawa with the following request:

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from India. "

1) They had visited (Not resided) USA on multiple occasions (but never for a 6 month period at one stretch). I am wondering if they need to request police clearance from USA as well? or just the Indian police clearance certificate will suffice.
2) Has anyone submitted a scanned certificate from India or it has to be a original certificate sent via letter mail ?

Thanks for your time and help.!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic2015 said:
Hi scorpion_ca, how long did it take for you to get PCC received confirmation. Did they reply by email? Thanks
I sent an email with the attachment of PCC on July 20. Last week, I asked them if they receive it or not and they replied me that they received our PCC.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi Friends,

We applied for our parents Sponsorship and sent the application on January 2nd 2015. We checked the status recently and it shows that they started processing the application from July 13th, 2016.

And on Aug 11th, we received email asking to submit Police Clearance certificate for both Primary applicant ( my father) and Sponsor - They requested Police clearance certificate FROM INDIA.

In addition - my dad and mom - received emails requesting Medicals also.

Medical part can be taken care easily and also PCC for my dad.

The question i have is - Sponsor ( my brother) police clearance certificate from India. He is in Canada for the last 18 years.

Do we need to get the Police Clearance certificate for him from India through Indian Consulate ( ie through BLS Canada) in Toronto?

Did anybody is in the same situation. Appreciate all your responses as the request is Time sensitive and your advise will help us quickly.

All communication is from CPC - Ottawa.
Sponsor does not need to submit PCC. The PCC needs to be submitted for principal applicant and dependent.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sameer76 said:
Hi

My parents in India got a letter from CPC- Ottawa with the following request:

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from India. "

1) They had visited (Not resided) USA on multiple occasions (but never for a 6 month period at one stretch). I am wondering if they need to request police clearance from USA as well? or just the Indian police clearance certificate will suffice.
2) Has anyone submitted a scanned certificate from India or it has to be a original certificate sent via letter mail ?

Thanks for your time and help.!
How many days did they live in USA in total? You need to accumulate all those days. If it is more than 180 days, they will have to submit PCC from the USA.

Did they write original PCC or scanned copy of original PCC in that letter? You received a letter. That means, you did not provide any email address. That could be the reason IRCC wants original copy as you don't have email access.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
Sponsor does not need to submit PCC. The PCC needs to be submitted for principal applicant and dependent.
Hi Scorpion,

But the letter specifically mentions my brother's name and requested PCC from India. I know most of the Sponsors live in Canada, hence there should be a general understanding about PCC for Sponsor.

Appreciate others if they have any insight into this.

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello Everyone,

My mother application is pending my social assistance check since April 20th 2016. I am still waiting for SA. Anyone has idea on the amount of time CIC takes to finish these social assistance checks .. ? . Anyone had to go through the same situation..?

Thanks,
Salil

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
Is it by accident they mentioned the Sponsor name instead of Dependent ( in this case my Mom)???

Appreciate the response from other members who received PCC/Medical recently

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Is it by accident they mentioned the Sponsor name instead of Dependent (in this case my Mom)???
That is very likely. You should contact CIC at once for clarification.

No matter what both your parents should get their PCC done.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Rossei.

We will call CIC to find this out. I will wait for other members to respond.

I have the following questions for Sponsors who has both Mom and DAD

1. When you receive request for PCC - did you receive it for both Mom and Dad ( per Rossei - both parents should get PCC)
2. Did they ever ask PCC for Sponsor - by any chance.

Sorry for being repetitive with questions....

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Thanks Rossei.

We will call CIC to find this out. I will wait for other members to respond.

I have the following questions for Sponsors who has both Mom and DAD

1. When you receive request for PCC - did you receive it for both Mom and Dad ( per Rossei - both parents should get PCC) Yes, CPC-Ottawa requested for both PCCs and RPRF in the same email.
2. Did they ever ask PCC for Sponsor - by any chance. I don't think so. CPC-Ottawa requested to submit scanned copy of my parents PCCs.

Sorry for being repetitive with questions....

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
scorpion_ca said:
I sent an email with the attachment of PCC on July 20. Last week, I asked them if they receive it or not and they replied me that they received our PCC.
Hi
How did you ask them? By inquiry Web form or by emailing cpc ottawa?